Contributing Member Level III
She's a monster! How'd you get it to grow so fast? HGH? Lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
She's a monster! How'd you get it to grow so fast? HGH? Lol

Lots of water changes, Dainichi Color Supreme, FD Krill. Plus she has no real competition for food. The tankmates offer no real challenge to her.

flamechica

Yeah, I agree with ShortyKiloGyrl. The only thing I can tell in that video that looks bad is her lip, but I know from experience sometimes it is really hard to get things to show up in pics and videos. I had a heck of a time getting those bubble blister things on my corydora to show up on camera and when I did, they didn't look nearly as bad as they were viewing them in person.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
flamechica said:
I know from experience sometimes it is really hard to get things to show up in pics and videos. I had a heck of a time getting those bubble blister things on my corydora to show up on camera and when I did, they didn't look nearly as bad as they were viewing them in person.

Yeah, that is tough to get decent shots of the issues. I know I end up taking 50 picture and I have maybe one that is halfway decent.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
DMD123 said:
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Other than the lip Chunk doesn't look that bad?
Thanks, the lip was from rubbing in the bucket/bath.

I figured either net or glass banging was the lip injury. Hopefully something can get figured out. Have you tried contacting the person you purchased her from and seeing if they have any fish with this problem?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Have you tried contacting the person you purchased her from and seeing if they have any fish with this problem?

Fish was purchased from Jeff Rapp's who intimated that I was a fish 'Nazi' because the pictures of his fish did not look like what I was sold. lol

So needless to say I am not going down that road!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
Really? Why would he call you names? That's crazy!

He did not out rightly name call but used the term to speak of those who were overly critical. I guess I fit that due to the fact I raised a question regarding the fact my 'bumblebee' oscar was not like the ones pictured due to the fact it was an F2 generation and from different parents than what he had shown. I have a friend on another forum who also has a Bumblebee from the same batch and they clearly have a family resemblance. The pictures were of a different looking generation and I commented that the pictures should be updated to reflect what was currently being sold. I was a bit unhappy since the price on the fish was so high and not what I expected.

Anyway, the other bumblebee owner has had no issues with his.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Update on Chunk.

So I have been going on over a week of no meds and just lots of high volume water changes and really no issue. Whatever it is, it is not getting worse or getting better and at this point is costing nothing in meds. Since the fish has shown no distress during this time frame I have decided to just keep up with the clean water and see if it something that will clear up on its own over time.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Have you done any temperature altering higher or lower during all this?
Yep. When I first thought fungus or infection, the temp was lowered. When I thought parasite, temp was raised.

Not seeing any distress in the fish but find it odd how aggressive the fish is. Ever since the move into the 75g the fish attacks me through the glass and went after my hand in the tank while cleaning. lol, not sure what to make of that...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Betty said:
She doesn't want you to give her any more baths! :ibox:

Fish do have a memory. When Porkchop was little she got sick and I had to catch her and force feed medicine a number of times. When the treatment was done she would hide whenever she saw me. Thought it was weird so I had my wife approach the tank with me out of view and Porkchop came right up to her! We did this a couple times and realized she remembered me catching her so she hid. Took a couple weeks but she warmed back up to me. Maybe Chunk is doing the same.

On a side note is this the way to determine the sex? Since the fish seems to be holding a grudge, it must be female, right? :laughhard:
It was just a joke....

Betty

Staff member
DMD123 said:
On a side note is this the way to determine the sex? Since the fish seems to be holding a grudge, it must be female, right? :laughhard:
It was just a joke....

e0e83113.gif

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
This whole thread ends today with the passing of Chunk. I tried very hard with her and was never able to find the solution. Hundreds of dollars in medications and countless hours of hard core water changes went into her to try and find a cure and I just was not able to do it. Chunk was 12" from head to tail. She grew quickly and had such an awesome personality. She will be missed.

For now the 75g will get taken down, cleaned and put in storage since I will be moving in a couple months. I will set up the tank again in the new home and move Scruffy the puffer into it.

Betty

Staff member
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this.

You went above and beyond trying to figure this out.