Dwarf Crayfish?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Ive seen blue lobsters in the past on Craigslist and seem like in a store but I cant remember where, its been quite a while back.

pbmax

Edit: This post was in response to a post by earthfish claiming that I have no idea what I'm talking about since her mother, a paralegal, could not find the information referenced below.

Edit2: I swear there was a post!  I'm not crazy!  I have no idea what happened to it, but it was there.  Scout's honor.

What, then, does your mother make of RCW 77.12.020 which defines:

Prohibited aquatic animal species - RCW 77.12.020
These species are considered by the commission to have a high risk of becoming an invasive species and may not be possessed, imported, purchased, sold, propagated, transported, or released into state waters except as provided in RCW 77.15.253. Which allows for the transport of prohibited aquatic animal species to the department, or to another destination designated by the director, in a manner designated by the director, for the purposes of identifying a species or reporting the presence of a species. The unlawful release of a prohibited aquatic animal species is a gross misdemeanor. A second violation within five years is a class C felony.

And WAC 220-12-090 section 1.c.iii, which reads:

WAC 220-12-090
Agency filings affecting this section
Classification—Nonnative aquatic animal species.

(1) Prohibited aquatic animal species. The following species are classified as prohibited aquatic animal species:

(c) Crustaceans:

(iii) Family Cambaridae: Crayfish: All genera, except a person may possess and transport dead prohibited crayfish species obtained under the department's recreational crayfishing rules (WAC 220-56-336 and 220-56-315). There is no daily limit, size limit, or sex restriction for prohibited crayfish species. All nonnative crayfish must be kept in a separate container from native crayfish. Release of any live crayfish species into waters other than the water being fished is prohibited.

Please tell me how, exactly, it is that I have no idea.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Ive seen blue lobsters in the past on Craigslist and seem like in a store but I cant remember where, its been quite a while back.
I just saw an add on CL where the guy is selling RBP. Again, oblivious or just dont care?

pbmax

Both, I imagine. It doesn't seem to me that the state has worked very hard to inform people about the breadth of the law and enforcement has been selective at best.