Black Belt

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
It has a funny stalker like personality. Hard to describe, but its not the fist fish you tend to spot in the tank. Hangs out in the back. When it chases it does so in a very slow methodical way.

Dont know if that helps. But it almost made me want to name it "Creepy"

Madness

Staff member
Took a few pics today of the other 2. If yours is a male, call it Buffalo Bill. :twisted:

P1060775.jpg

P1060742.jpg

A

Anonymous

Wow dude, when comparing yours has way more blue then mine. Strange, did you find any info on difrent color variants? Looks really good I like how dark and strong the belt is.

Madness

Staff member
No I havent really looked, but there is a definite difference between yours and the one D has, and these 2. I got the one D has at APFP the other 2 from The Wet Spot.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Still looks like a black belt, just without the red throat or cheeks.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Sold the Black Belt. It was too aggressive with my Pearsei. After the incident that fish_n_vw had with his BB killing his Pearsei, I decided to not take the risk with mine.

Its funny that I call the BB too aggressive when my Pearsei is housed with an 11" male Midas. The Midas is a total puppy dog and so easy going it makes for easy arrangements. We will see what happens when the Pearsei and Argentea grow up some more...

madness and I had thought that this was a girl when we compared it to the two other BB in his tank. fish_n_vw most likely has a male so... Yep he bought it and we will see if they get down to business :hugg:

So keep your eyes peeled for baby Black Belts for sale... :D

Madness

Staff member
He should come back over and buy some of my spawning water. :D

By the way, where were you last night. 3 others were at my place talking fish for a few hours. You to good? :D Maybe next time.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Had stuff I needed to get done around the house. You know the fun of owning a home!

We have had issues with our grinder pump and funny thing is we caught it 2 weeks before the warranty was up :cheers: . They have been out twice already and the issue is still not fixed :suspect:

We baby that thing, I dont put my fish water down the drain, I put it out on the lawn, so that we dont cause any excessive use or the possibility of a rock or something getting in there. We dont put grease or other things down the drain that can cause problems but we still having issues!

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Had stuff I needed to get done around the house. You know the fun of owning a home!

We have had issues with our grinder pump and funny thing is we caught it 2 weeks before the warranty was up :cheers: . They have been out twice already and the issue is still not fixed :suspect:
You mean the garbage disposal? Sounds like you need an electrician. Didnt they just replace it?

fishman09 said:
got in a bit of trouble for that. nothing a little taco bell cant fix lol
OOPS :roll: Shes not going to let you come over any more. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
No garbage disposal...

We are on sewer but it has to go uphill, and apparently poop dont flow up hill so you have a 750g tank buried in the yard with a pump that grinds all the waste up and pushes out to the sewer line.

No electrician would want to touch that! :D

fishman09

oh no big deal lol i told her that was gonna happen before and she still came but shes a trooper. i thonk next time ill prolly go solo :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fishman09,
You got it made if you can fix problems with your girl with Taco bell! :D

Wait till you get married it will eventually end up being jewelry! :laughhard:

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it was fun to meet to meet fishman, always fun hanging with madness. It was a real pleasure to see dmd tanks, they are both stunning, very well kept, pictures don't do them justice. It was nice chatting with dave and his wife (who by the way said I was crazy) for a while. Then showing up late to madness' with a threat of "come get your fish of I'm keeping it!!!". I got home a little late around 9:15 and aclimated the two fish to there new tanks. Both went in and right away established them selves as the dominant fish in there tanks. Although that wasent tough for the 7" black belt because the only thing in the tank with it (hopefully her) is a 2 inch convict. But it was a little more difficult for the istlanum, it went rounds with my pair of sieboldii off and on for an hour before the istlanum backed off. Then it was lights out. I have been at work all day so don't know what's going on. I should be home around 4 and I will start a new thread then.

fishman09

Told you that islanum was a punk but i think hes gonna turn out really nice. its always good to talk fish as nerdy as that truly is lol

A

Anonymous

Ehhh, its part of who we are. Yeah it is a punk though, it went in and claimed an area as its own right away, problem was my pair of sieboldii had claimed that same area a few days earlier (hopefully to get some baby making action on). So it had a bit of a squable, but soon relized that the sieboldii are not giving up the spot, so it went to the other end of the tank chased everything away and settled into a flower pot for the night.

fishman09

yeah he thinks hes a little beast. it was funny cause theyd come up for food and always be posturing like he was never scared of a fight. hope you enjoy him and im glad he wrnt to a good home