Black Belt

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Here are some pics of the Black Belt I recently got from madness.

I was reluctant to add a fish called a "Black Belt" because I pictured a little Chuck Norris butt kicking fish rather than the lame description that it really is. This particular fish was bottom of the chain of three Black Belts and was the easy going one of the bunch. In my tank it is the dominant one of the smaller fish. It does show that it is boss to the Pearsei, and Argentea but not in an overly aggressive way. The 'chasing' is kind of more 'creepy stalker' rather that killer. Its colors seem a lot more intense than when I got it, probably due to the fact its higher up the chain now. I see a lot of potential for this fish as it grows, with the reds intensifying. Very nice addition to my mix.

I know there are a few others out there who have these fish, why not post pics of your here for everyone to see.

A

Anonymous

You heard the man, give it back!!!! Lol j/k. It looks very good, great colors, and now something that finally puts that argentea in its place.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
But if it goes back it will just be the little ugly duckling again... It needs to be dominant to color up.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
This one fish is different than the other two that madness has. The others are much darker and more aggressive (Most likely males). So when we were catching this one we decided it was a girl. Not really sure yet on its sex but I am happy with how its getting along with the others. Cant get it to surface feed Omega One pellets yet, will peck at a few sinking ones. Eats most of the frozen treats.

Madness

Staff member
Ya, there is hardly any red on the chin/throat of the other 2. Lots of bluing and a bit of purple.

A

Anonymous

IMG_20111003_190739.jpg

IMG_20111003_190717.jpg

IMG_20111003_190653.jpg

IMG_20111003_190639.jpg

Sorry some of the worst pictures in the world, but wanted to contribute. Will post more when I get the time to take some.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Knowing madness, they are some rare hard to find black belt that everyone is looking for and he is the only one who has them. But we know the rest of the story... he has two males. :lmfao:

Sorry madness probably reminds you of the whole RTM issue... Any luck finding your male yet?

A

Anonymous

I read somewhere that black belts lose a lot of their color when they grow. But mine is like... 11" I think and still has a lot of color. Although I think it was brighter when it was a little smaller. Its about 2 years old and not 14" so I'm assuming by size its a female. I like it though there kinda common, but that dosent bother me at all. I think there common because there really good looking.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Knowing madness, they are some rare hard to find black belt that everyone is looking for and he is the only one who has them. But we know the rest of the story... he has two males. :lmfao:

Sorry madness probably reminds you of the whole RTM issue... Any luck finding your male yet?
Thats right, I have the only one. :punk: And nope on the male RTM. At least a large one. I may take in a couple that are around 4", but my luck they will both be females. :suspect:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently I have officially got enough fish now. Why? Because I can not come up with a name for the black belt. Since I dont know the sex, I dont want to give it a name that defines it as a male or female. So what do I name it?