Before & After

A

Anonymous

@ JimA, THIS TANK ROCKS! <- pun, get it? Rocks... Okay, is a sweet set up though!!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have one that's brackish water organic miracle grow with sand cap and standard light, and waiting for one to be shipped that's a fluval spec v that I plan on the same substrate with the standard light it comes with or possibly upgrading to a better light if it fits the tank well. Both so far are smaller sized tanks.

A

Anonymous

Some tanks just don't need plants... JimsA's aquascape is awesome :)Not really knowing a bunch about those type fish I believe they are vegetarian.

JimA

Thanks guys and gals nice thread. Get some more tank pics in here! As for plants in mine I think the Tropheus would leave them alone, I have just been keeping it kind of a bio-type and have not given it much thought.

Betty thoughts on plants in a Troph tank?

Betty

Staff member
JimA said:
 Thanks guys and gals nice thread.   Get some more tank pics in here!     As for plants in mine I think the Tropheus would leave them alone, I have just been keeping it kind of a bio-type and have not given it much thought.  

Betty thoughts on plants in a Troph tank?
Jim, I prefer just rock in my African tanks, but I felt it necessary to add some fake plants to my troph tank because of all the aggression and stuck a few living anubias in there to see how they'd do.  My tank is only 75 gallons and they can get really rough with each other.  The fake plants give the bullied fish a place to hideout until things cool off.  They used to destroy some of the small leaves when the anubias were young, but mostly leave them alone now.

MRTom

Sounds fun, I'll join in with one of my tanks :)
2013/June :
wp_00011.jpg

2013/November:
img_2411.jpg

2014/March:
img_2915.jpg

Treating the tank for BGA (lights out for a week) killed the base of the micranthemum, making it float away and wither and die. Fortunately everything else stuck around :) This tank won't be around for long (I'm going to replace the substrate and plants in a few months, so I figured I'd share it while it is still around!

A

Anonymous

Cool MRTom  :spoton:  may I ask what the red plant is in the front?

A

Anonymous

MRTom said:
Just crypto wendtii red :)
My guess was a type of crypt by the leaves, just little ones. They do get much larger don't they? Or do they stay that small?