Before & After

MorganEA

I love seeing how much tanks change from month to month. I thought I would start an area where we could share our before and after pictures.

A

Anonymous

Nice setup.  Middle pic you see the stick and last pic now you dont. Well partial of it. Its like the jungle has engulfed wood. Looking good.

MorganEA

Oh, I should also point out that this is a very low maintenance tank. No dirt only gravel and no co2 or special lights. Just to prove that you can have a lush tank as long as you take the time to research the plants needs.

A

Anonymous

Well some of those plants came from a high tech tank before you put them in btw. Some of the plants you have are low light plants and some from chad's are mid/high light plants.
Still the tank looks great.

MorganEA

What is that supposed to mean? Clearly they are not dead and have grown. So they must like something that I am doing.

pbmax

MorganEA said:
What is that supposed to mean? Clearly they are not dead and have grown. So they must like something that I am doing.
Indeed; good job with them! Transitioning plants from a high tech tank with CO2 to a low tech tank without can be tough on the plants. The fact that they're doing well means you're treating them right. :spoton:

A

Anonymous

pbmax said:
MorganEA said:
Indeed; good job with them!  Transitioning plants from a high tech tank with CO2 to a low tech tank without can be tough on the plants.  The fact that they're doing well means you're treating them right. :spoton:
Its only been a few days. Its not like its been weeks or months to see the difference between the 2 setups high tech and low tech. Thats what I meant MorganEA.  Its not I said cant do it, its just too early to what you said. 
And a true high tech to low tech transitioning is roy's low tech 10gal. It took weeks to see results. It was the 2nd comment you said about having lush plants (high and low demanding plants) without having special dirt, co2, and special lighting. Its only been a couple days since chad's high demanding plants were put in. It take a week to weeks to see results like roy's low tech.  Sorry MorganEA. I was just saying it would a week or weeks to see a difference with new plants from chad. Thats all folks. Great looking tank btw.

pbmax

I saw this tank in person over a month ago and it looked great - very lush and healthy with no algae to speak of.  She's doing a great job with it, regardless of whether it fits into your definition of "true" or whatever.

Quit being a wet rag, man. There's no need to crap all over her thread...  :evil: 

Betty

Staff member
It looks very nice, Morgan. I like the variety of colors in there.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I agree with Betty. I'm going to be doing a planted nano tank for my office and want different colors and I as well am doing research as to which plants the fish I am going to be putting in likes. I just hope I have as much luck as you do! Your tank looks great! What type of fish/invertebrates do you have in there? I see some platies and an angel. Anything else??

MorganEA

Thank you for the KIND comments. I don't have much of a variety in this tank most of them are platies then there is my angel, a pleco, and tons of ram shorn snails.

A

Anonymous

Hi Morgan,
I think this tank looks awesome! Not all these plants came from me but the ones that did should be medium light plants. Using less intense lighting, or changing fertilization, or no CO2 I believe the only difference you will see is growth rate, and perhaps color intensity on new growth.

Of course all these plants can be grown well in 'low tech' tanks. I like low tech , just not my focus. My focus is high light plants, and color intensity :)

When I first started growing these plants I had fluorite substrate and duel T5HO strung across my 7' tank (this is the equivalent to low light-low tech). No CO2.

I love posts like this. The evolution of tanks is fun to see.

MorganEA

Thank you fishNAbowl I do have med light and hope to update it soon.
Does anyone else have before and after pictures?

A

Anonymous

18 months ago

about a year ago
27db304571e807c6270ccc02e2e52d50_zpsc876744f.jpg

about 3 months ago
1a11b10a008eef675a3bf8a1f313cb70_zps140e25f3.jpg

Last weekend I completely overhauled this tank. Moving woods, removed some plants, put in new ones , ect...

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I need to revamp mine before I take a before and after. I lost a few plants due to snails, need to take some out that shouldn't be fully submersed and then trim (which I need to learn how) one that has grown out of control or wind it around it self some. My puffer seems to like diving in and out of the spirals of the leaves so maybe I should leave it longer :)

pbmax

Hmmm, so did you turn the kids into fish, or rocks?  :suspect: :cyclops:

That's a nice, MASSIVE tank!