Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread

Many thanks to those that are helping get the word out..!
Below are the people that are taking tables up to this point. There are still a few left if you want one.

Aron & Lori Jemison
Ron Sower
Shango/Gigi
Tanya
Mark Dorward
CrazedAce
Sherry W.
Kat Hensch
Phil Lacefield
Justin Warnock
Jesse Morrison
Alex Wise
Graham - Lamental Jester
Carl Lawrence (maybe)
Cory McElroy - Aq. Co-op
Morgan Anderson

Thanks Crazed!
There will be a table and a chair or 2 for each. They are already set up around the perimeter of the room, end to end, with 3-4 down the center. Loading in is at ground level. I will bring my 2-wheel dolly.
I will have my table next to the entry so I can work with the registration table and man my table. Everyone will choose their tables as they arrive. I don't think any one table has a more advantageous position than another.

Livebearer

Due to unforseen circumstances I won't be attending this swap....but tanks will still be available, will list in the for sale section of this board soon. Have fun all!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what all I'm bringing yet. But so far. A cooler full of frozen food. Will use dry ice to keep it frozen.

All Hikari
Bloodworm Cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36
Jumbo Bloodworm Cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36
Brine Shrimp cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36
Baby brine shrimp cubes $5
Spirunlina Brine Shrimp $5 or a case for $48
Daphnia Cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36

Also considering bringing down lots of Finnex lights.

Any requests?

Pm'd you back. Come on Down!!

Hey Cory... I'm interested in Finnex lights. 24" and of course good for plant growth.
You really should bring one of the lights that pops the red in the fish...it's really impressive!

CrazedAce

So here's my updated list:
-25x Pundamilia nyererei "Python Island" males 2.5+"
-20x Pundamilia nyererei "Python Island" females 2.5+"
-2x F1 Labidichromis Caeruleus "Yellow Lab" females 3.5"
-1x Labidichromis Caeruleus "Yellow Lab" female 3"
-1x Oscar 8"
-100x Bristlenose Ancistrus Plecos .25+"
-10-15x fancy guppy males
-1x Sunspot Brevis 1.5"
-20+ Cherry red shrimp .25+"

-45gal-55gal acrylic tank with filter/light
-29gal tank
-2x 10gal tank

I may not bring all the tanks, it just depends on if I can fit them in the car.

hyp3rcrav3

Crazed Ace I'm hoping to grab a Bristle Nose or 2 while I'm down there. Are they albino or natural? I prefer the latter.

VernalPond

Gigi and I are also bringing our new artisan-made fish caves.  Look at these things!  Each is hand built from terra cotta by a professional ceramicist here on Vashon Island.  The quality is so much more than you'd find from imported slip cast ceramic or molded plastic. Gigi designed them from the best caves we have seen over the years plus we added some unique design upgrades that are all new.  Each one is signed by the artist on the bottom.

Style #1  Two Piece Cave Spawner with Removable Roof  - $25 at the swap meet only.  Priced higher online and at retail.

Those of us who keep fish who breed in caves knows how difficult it can be to know what is going on inside the cave without picking up the cave itself and disturbing what we are trying to do.  Gigi has designed these caves with a removable lid so you can pop it off to observe if there are eggs/fry inside but then swiftly and harmlessly put the lid back on.  If you raise ceiling egg layers like Cichlids, this is a no brainer to have.

twopie10.jpg

twopie11.jpg

Style #2  Cave with Plant Anchors - $20 at the swap meet only.  Priced higher online and at retail.

We love the natural look aquarium as you know and we were often frustrated that most caves are so smooth that one cannot attach plants.  Gigi decided to design plant anchors right onto the cave for you to tie to. It provides some camouflage to help relax the fish, creates rooftop cover for young fish just out of the cave, and also makes a home for infusoria close to the cave mouth for future fry eating.  Such a win!

knobca10.jpg

Style #3  Pleco Cave  - $10 at the swap meet only.  Priced higher online and at retail.

Most pleco caves look either mass produced or in geometric shapes that don't look naturally occurring.  Gigi had these pleco caves lovingly made in organic forms so they blend into your tank more.

medium10.jpg

Very limited availability.  Each is hand made.  No holds.  Make us your first stop when you arrive!

We will also have shrimp t-shirts, Gigi's Wonderfood, healing leaves and barks and other fabulous items.  See you tomorrow!

zach_discus

I'm bringing several tanks:
3 20 talls $15 each
Oceanic 42 Stretch Hex $40
42 Glass Hex $25
29 tall $20
40 tall $25

Couple boxes of misc Fish stuff Free to $5 items

Some random HOBs Wispers and Aquaclears

Drift wood some are large show pieces

VernalPond

It is so great that the peper chose to print it. Gigi sent them the press release. That should help turnout tomorrow for sure! Thanks for pointing it out Will!

Thanks to all for promoting this even in your own special ways. The table count is still shy of 22, but the show will go on!  Just had another person call me to get a table.  If anyone out there at the last minute would like to get one for $10, please call me by 9pm.

I just finished bagging 28 bags of plants. I started late yesterday morning!
Tiger lotus
Baby's tears
taiwan water lily
Willow hygro
Amazon sword
Stargrass
Cryptocoryn wendetii
Red root floater
Java fern
Anubias (small form)
Hydrocotyl tripartite
Giant vallisneria

See you there!!!!  I'm jazzed to see all of you again!