Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread

In 16 days we gather for the 6th in a series of quarterly aquarium swap meets. Interest grows for each meeting. Come join us at this one!

We need people to assist with some of the event happenings.

1. Anyone with a table will benefit by printing the flyer and posting it on bulletin boards where you work, where you shop, nearby schools, and any LFS’s that will allow it. It will help draw people to your table. Everyone else is encouraged to do this too! We can't seem to get the flyer up here on WFB right now, so please email me (rondsower@gmail.com) and I will send it to you direct as an attachment. You also may be able to pull it off the FB page.

2. We need 3 people to help register at the entry table for 1 hour shifts( or more for shorter periods)...1-2, 2-3, & 3-4. It’s easy and requires no special knowledge of fish, etc. Just show people where to sign! Anyone willing to help with promotions and/or assisting at the event (maybe a spouse, partner, or friend that comes with you), please contact me, Ron Sower at 253.468.6445 or rondsower@gmail.com

We need to start the buzz on the Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/AquariumCartel and here on wafishbox. Let's keep this thread going. We have posted on Craigslist and GSAS already. If you aren't already on the Aquarium Cartel email list, please sign up here (http://eepurl.com/GkoAv) to receive notices in the future.  We won't spam.

8 tables are registered currently, and there's room for about 30 total.  We need 22 to make the space rent. Otherwise it's out of my pocket as I promised the Eagles Club.

Aquarium Cartel is the Northwest's premier aquarium swap meet bringing together breeders, importers and local stores to create a one day temporary market.
The Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet is not sponsored by any group or entity.
It’s facilitated by a few and enjoyed by all!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Shared on Aquarium CO-OPs page and Wafishbox facebook page as well.

Thanks Aquarium Co-op for getting our flyer up!

Thanks Gigi for developing the flyer!

Shango is moving to the back seat in helping with flyers, etc, and Gigi's moving into the front seat with that chore. We have great helpers!

I'll be bringing groups of Moscow black guppies, a few plants and maybe my shellie colony (multies). What is anyone else bringing or looking for?

CrazedAce

Yay I love new posts about the swap meet! Do you have me down for a table yet, Ron? Here's a list of what I'm bringing:
-Fancy guppy males
-Bristlenose plecos (varying sizes)
-Pundamilia nyererei "Python Island" males
-Labidochromis caeruleus "Electric Yellow Lab" fry

I may also bring a Neolamprologus brevis "Sunspot brevis" if anyone is interested in it. I brought the whole colony of them last time and all but one died from the stress. I may also be able to catch some red cherry shrimp to bring, though I put all 100 of them into my 55gal...

Here are some things I'm looking for:
-Small pre-soaked aquarium wood, biofilm a plus! Anything eye catchy.
-"Cool" rocks to decorate my African tanks
-Pleco caves, preferably D shaped but anything that they can breed in works for me!
-Otocinclus group (fry would work)

Getting late, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Nice!
Did you print the flyer to take around to some places to post? It'll help draw people in to the meet and, thus, by your table.

poffman

CrazedAce said:
I may also be able to catch some red cherry shrimp to bring, though I put all 100 of them into my 55gal...
I should be ready for some shrimp by then :) Any pictures? If not I can meet up with you later for some!!

Gigi is bringing Gigi's Wonderfood for fish&shrimp, *rare* natural healing leaves and bark, lighting, aquarium decor and probably a few other odd and ends!

I'm interested in the lighting!

swamp-rat

I'm bringing:
1) BiOrb complete tank/accessories
2) large box of extra test kits
3) CocoBark reptile bedding
4) possibly an Emperor 400 and Penguin 330 filter with LOTS of extra media....still unsure if I'm going to put these back on the 90 gal as I'm liking the silence of the XP4...
5) Dwarf Sag
6) Endler's trio
7) Enormous lava rock with 3 holes
62755_431238811253_5728967_n.jpg

8) TX Holey rock on left of this pic:
12292_333635251253_6425684_n.jpg

9) Daphnia magna starters
10) SW algae, multiple forms
11) Maybe, if you can pry it from my hands, a 5 gallon Metaframe...though I've got a tank limit so I can't technically use it...
12) Ron, do I have your permission to sell some of this leftover gravel?
13) whatever else I scrounge up, possibly a pair of handmade Neon Tetra earrings

Looking for:
1) Anyone on this list: pinterest.com/irshprncsk/new-90-gallon-tank-plan/  or this one: pinterest.com/irshprncsk/10-gallon/
2) another sponge filter intake cover (saw these there last time)
3) ???

Livebearer

Hey all,
Livebearer here, I will be bringing some tanks to the table,
One 33 long tank, holds water fine,,with 2 new 24" glass lids (tank has center brace), one almost new 48" 2 bulb t-8 fixture with 2 new t-8 bulbs, {one daylighter, one cool white}, good for plants, not algee!! An H. O. B. 30 filter made by Whisper second nature (with new filter inserts),,, an oldie, but a goodie you won't find in any pet store good for 30 gallons, just needs a 125watt heater to be complete.

A 40 gallon breeder w/screen top,,, good for turtle's or a planted rimless tank or???

A 14 gallon high with original box, heater (50 watt), natural background cover, U.G. filters, light, cover.

As for fish, I'll have the following;
Crowntail betta's,,,F-1s  Bred in San Fransico by an Asian breeder I bought from in November 2013.
All are 3 mos. old, blue/green and really nice! 3/4",,, You won't find these in any pet store,,,, and were imports of parents from Tiawan.
I'll have 6 available.

My Red rainbow guppies
4 spot Merrywidows 1 pair available,,,a livebearer from Costa Rica (rare here in the U.S.)
Tiger sp. variety> limia>>> two pair,, from Haiti (Same as above) All fish are easy keepers in Seattle Tap water
And the rest is,,, You'll have to show up to see.
I'll be in the booth with the RED cover on the table. Hope to see you all there Fishboxers!!!

Pneumostome

I'll be at the swap meet with Gigi's Wonderfood and rare natural healing leaves and barks.

For folks new to the swap meet, being a vendor is a lot of fun! It's great meeting people in person and it's a great selling opportunity. I've been very successful and always go home with less than I come with.

There is a great variety and some really cool stuff. Lots of different fish, shrimp and plants plus a ton of dry goods too! If you need a gently used tank or some awesome decor for your tank, this is the place to be.

At $10 with the table provided, it's very inexpensive to become involved!

A

Anonymous

Cant wait for what y'all got to sell.  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: 

Angelman

Updated list of items we are bringing to the swap

Alder Cones
Breeder Nets
Medicated Flake (8 oz)
K1 Media
How 2 DVD's
Dime (5) blues
Dime (5) Koi
Quarter Koi
Adults
Blue breeding pair (maybe ???)
Kribs pair
Psammachromis Riponinas
Shellies 6
Pumps/syphons
rearing 1 gallon Jars
Paint Ball C02 system w/ buble counter
Auto Feeders
large HOB
10 Gallon HOB
Filter media
and more.........

what are you bringing? Hope to see you all there.......