Anyone doing any projects?

A

Anonymous

Finnex PX 360 wasn't strong enough after extending the hoses , installing heaters and inline UV. After a couple months I could clearly tell water quality wasn't optimal for my little friends In their 17 gallon home.

Went out and picked up a Fluval 206 which is double the output and built for the type hoses that's being used. Had to do some cutting in the stand and it turned out pretty good. Lots of water flow now. Good to see movement in the plant leaves.

Anyone else have any projects going this weekend?

L190

I'm trying to finish setting up my 100 gallon tanganiyka tank. I had to sand down the acrylic tank and buffer it. Also I had to reinforce the stand since it was made out of particle board. Added all the rocks and now just getting the filtration done, trying to get a fluid bed filter fitted on the tank

Bob

Working on getting my 75s set up. Putting together a lowes stand for the $1 gallon sale coming up. Picked up some more salt water friends this morning.

Bob

Added a ton more plants to the 125 and a handful of Oto's this morning as well. Algae is getting way out of control, killing off my plants.

JimmyZ

fishNAbowl said:
Finnex PX 360 wasn't strong enough after extending the hoses , installing heaters and inline UV. After a couple months I could clearly tell water quality wasn't optimal for my little friends In their 17 gallon home.

Went out and picked up a Fluval 206 which is double the output and built for the type hoses that's being used. Had to do some cutting in the stand and it turned out pretty good. Lots of water flow now. Good to see movement in the plant leaves.

Anyone else have any projects going this weekend?

Looks good except a couple of things. That inline heater is not suppose to be horizontal but will probably be ok. The other is all the water lines above the electrical. Again probably be fine, but it doesn't take much water to drip onto electrical stuff and cause a problem. Just a thought.

As far as projects, oh yeah. I have been married for 21 years, and we have 6 acres. There is always a project/honey do list. Unfortunately none of them involve my fish tank. :cry:

flamechica

I started working on setting up my hex tank today, finally. Still have plenty of work to do, but I have the main components in. Hopefully, tomorrow morning, I will meet with someone from CL and get a 30g tank with some angels and a 20g long to upgrade my frogs to. So, I will have plenty of projects to keep me busy if all goes well.

keman

Katie's bedroom fishtanks are coming along. SO far she has a 100g, two 20l and a 55g running. All currently in process of cycle. Then there's the 20G growout tank for her baby Bichirs (3 now). Almost ready to move her Big Ornate and Senigal to the 100G. The 20Ls will be for Convict breeding, The 55G will be a grow tank.... SHe will have more to say on the subject I'm sure.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty much on hiatus for projects until my new house finalizes. Doing a new quarantine room at the shop though.

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
I'm pretty much on hiatus for projects until my new house finalizes. Doing a new quarantine room at the shop though.
You are pretty much the king of fishy projects. LOL!

CMooreCichlids

I'm working on swapping out a 125g with a new 180g.

Will need to build a stand and canopy, since the ones in the store are horribly built. The tank will be in the entry way, so it'll need some extra planning and care.

A

Anonymous

CMooreCichlids said:

Will need to build a stand and canopy, since the ones in the store are horribly built. The tank will be in the entry way, so it'll need some extra planning and care.

That's super. I bet it'll be top notch when you are finished and anticipate you sharing :D The project I began this thread with is "the entry way tank". Although only 17 gallons I spent lots of time searching for all the "just right" equipment to bring a beautiful display togeher.

CMooreCichlids

fishNAbowl said:
CMooreCichlids said:

That's super. I bet it'll be top notch when you are finished and anticipate you sharing :D The project I began this thread with is "the entry way tank". Although only 17 gallons I spent lots of time searching for all the "just right" equipment to bring a beautiful display togeher.

Wow that's a stellar looking tank!

My plants only look that alive when they are plastic!

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. All the algaes have cleared up and things are growing strong. The fish are super healthy, things have really came toget her in the last month. I appreciate the feed back :D

@Vicmacki, this is one of those plants where Ive had to move around from tank to tank finding what it likes. When I 1st got it the plant didn't do so well in my larger tank. Wasn't until months later, a transfer to the 30 gallon before it started growing for me. It really seems to do well with ample lighting, CO2, Flourish Comprehensive, and flourishes excel.

Betty

Staff member
I'm trying to figure out if I can use these pieces of bamboo for something other than hangouts for my bristlenose. :idea: Wondering if I can cut them lengthwise and make a background. There has to be some kind of fishy project I can use them for.

1%201280x857_zps9z9k2pcz.jpg

2%201280x857_zpstyjfjynv.jpg

3%201280x857_zpsvl6rhihx.jpg