Another 180 gals of saltwater...like I need any more

lilfishie

I have the threads wrapped in the plumbing tape. Just isnt enough. I dont think these fittings are quite big enough. They dont fit loose but they screw in all the way real easy, so I dont think the threads are really tight enough.

lilfishie

Well I think the fitting is sealed. The water is running again and that fitting is again submerged. I dont see any leaking. Cross your fingers!

lilfishie

We have 106 gals in the tank.
I am going to pull the closed loop pump, reseal it and hook it back up and run it tomorrow. I will the the heater in the tank too.

DSC08480.jpg

lilfishie

And I am mixing salt! Looking to put the rock in it tomorrow. The rock should fill the tank enough to run water into the overflow and into the sump. I have plenty saltwater made up in a holding container to top it off if needed when all the rock is int.

IMG_3520.jpg

lilfishie

Got the rock in and the tank full. I have a couple extra t5 light units I put on it to see what I was doing and get pics.

Full tank shot, left side shot, right side shot and another full tank shot.

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

lilfishie

Well I am anxious to start stocking this thing. Water tests at;
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 5ppm
calc 465
alk 8 dkH
mag 1300
I am buying Ecotech Radion lighting for it. 3 units should give great coverage.
I am putting my 4' MH/T5 unit on it for the meantime. And I am putting a few coral frags in to see how it goes. Will test numerous times over the next couple weeks. Then I am going to start catching fish and moving them over. The first two going in will be the orange shoulder tang and the blue hippo tang.

lilfishie

Water parameters are still looking good.
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 2.5ppm

I am going to see about getting a small group of small fish to put in it this weekend. Hmmm maybe tomorrow. We'll see what the lfs has.

dondud

love this HUGE set-up. excited to see what you think of that lighting system
i would love to get there myself.

sandnuka

That tank is so awesome! if i was going to go saltwater, i would definetly want a tank that size.... very nice job! :)

lars on

Lori I love how all your new topics are "New tank" lol, your new new new tank looks awesome, throw some sharks in that monster!

lilfishie

No...no sharks. Its not quite big enough for them.

I moved three fish into it today.

I drip acclimated for about two hours. Here they are temp acclimating.

DSC08521.jpg

lilfishie

The wrasse was scoping the new digs out right away. In and out of every nook and cranny.
Took a little longer for the other two to come out of hiding.

I'll tell you what, that little bursa trigger can get itself into the smallest hole in rock and its funny how they wedge themselves into a rock. After he cameout of the hole in one rock, he made a B-line to another rock and flattened himself against the bottom of it. He was flat against the rock. How he was hanging on and so tight against the rock, was crazy. Took forever to get him off of it.

DSC08529.jpg

DSC08531.jpg

DSC08533.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice your tank is the final push for me to get my 220g running. Love the tommini tang.

lilfishie

Naso2 said:
Nice your tank is the final push for me to get my 220g running. Love the tommini tang.
Would love to see you set up your 220 saltwater. It really is a fun and rewarding hobby!

lilfishie

Okay so the next two into the tank will be the blue hippo and the orange shoulder tang. I put the trap in the tank today and they have both been in it already. I will wait until next saturday and shut the door on one of them then. I'd like to move the orange shoulder over first then the next week move the blue hippo over. Then last but not least, the purple tang the next week.