Another 180 gals of saltwater...like I need any more

lilfishie

I am thinking I might make a trim piece for the top. I dont like canapies, but I think the tank needs trim around the top.

For now I guess I will finish up the plumbing.

lilfishie

I got most of the plumbing glued together today. Going to breakfast tomorrow morning and will hopefully get the rest of the plumbing finished tomorrow. If next weekend is nice and I can find someone to help me carry this thing outside, it will get water tested. then I'll need someone to help bring it back in. :D

lilfishie

:cheers: The plumbing is DONE!

Hope next weekend in nice enough to get it outside and leak test it.

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

lilfishie

Boy I avoided a disaster today. I was in getting water out of my RODI container and heard this...tap tap tap tap tap...and noticed that the two way hose adaptor that connects my RODI unit and the washing machine to the cold water line was leaking. Since I was getting ready to leave, I turned off the cold water and left it at that. While I was at HD I picked up some seals to replace the ones in the two way. Welllllllll, I started to take the two way connector off and it just fell apart in two pieces. If I hadnt turned off the water, I know I would have come home to a flooded house. So back to HD for new connector. I replaced it and all is well now, but that was close!

Well the tank is ready to be moved outside and filled up. Hopefully next weekend is nice. If it is, its going out and getting filled up one way or another.

sandnuka

Oh man! you are really gettin there.... this has been a long process! but looks like it will all be worth it.... im so excited for you!

lilfishie

Well it sounds like I am going to just take a risk and set the tank in its permanent place and fill it up. Keep your fingers crossed and pray it doesnt start leaking or bust a seam! :pale:
Next friday I will have it set in place and start filling. My RODI unit does 100 GPD so it should be filled by sunday noon.
Now I am getting nervous! LOL!

lilfishie

Well got the tank all cleaned up. Finished tightening up the connections to the pump and other odds and ends on the plumbing. Got the shelves moved and the area cleaned up. Its ready to move into place.

IMG_3477.jpg

lilfishie

And here it is. In its place.
I am keeping it off the wall far enough so I have access to the plumbing if I need it. And I am hiding the top off container behind it.

IMG_3479.jpg

lilfishie

There is now 25 gals in it. Just another 155 + 25 for the sump to go.
At this rate its going to be next weekend before its full!

Anthraxx

that build is looking awesome. all these salt water tanks im seeing lately are really making me want to take the plunge. could only do a tiny setup but still. anyways keep those pics coming.. cant wait till a year or two from now to see how that thing has grown.

lilfishie

Anthraxx said:
that build is looking awesome. all these salt water tanks im seeing lately are really making me want to take the plunge. could only do a tiny setup but still. anyways keep those pics coming.. cant wait till a year or two from now to see how that thing has grown.
If your serious, I will have a 34 gal Red Sea Max available in the near future. Its been a pretty good tank.

lilfishie

It is up over the bottom exhaust for the closed loop system. The exhaust side fitting on the closed loop pump was leaking, so I removed it and resealed the fitting and hooked it back up. So far, So good!

lilfishie

Well the fill up is on hold for a while. This fitting needs to be resealed. Which means loosening the bulhead. This is the bottom 2" bulkhead that drains to the closed loop pump. Its the same fitting that is leaking on the pump. So I drained what water I needed to into the sump, since I will have to fill it eventually anyway. I'll work on geting the bulkhead loose during the week.

IMG_3513.jpg

sandnuka

I feel ya, had a similar problem with some of my pVC pipes.... made me crazy! I ended up gettin some waterproof tape stuff.... works really well.