Alt. Compressiceps Sumbu Dwarf

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Here are the new guys. I did try giving them some pellets which several of them did eat. The taste/smell of food in the water caused them to perk right up and started them looking. All look healthy.
PXL_20210903_213853690~2.jpgPXL_20210903_212815389~2.jpgPXL_20210903_212821747~2.jpg

Last edited:

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I checked the fish room last night and only counted 4 Sumbu and went into full floor checking panic. I didn't find a body but I had a better lid so I put it on just in case.
I counted 5 this morning. These 2 dart into shells immediately. The other 3 hang around the bleached coral piece.
PXL_20210904_142230978~2.jpgPXL_20210904_142243185~2.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I do the count every time I look in the tank, lol. They are just so little they manage to hide anywhere.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I still can’t find that micro lamprolongus compressiceps-orange, looked for it all night when I got home for work. I also checked around the tank I’m guessing it’s in one of the 50 shells, at least I hope so. Haha

or maybe it was in one of the shells i brought to work…. But nothing but a multi came out of those.

either way, it was only $14 so if I only see it monthly, I’d still be ok.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@DMD123 it's no laughing matter!! :rofl
I laugh because I thought it was only me when couldn’t find a fish that looked all around for a body…even with a tight glass top.

I also checked around the tank I’m guessing it’s in one of the 50 shells, at least I hope so. Haha

or maybe it was in one of the shells i brought to work…. But nothing but a multi came out of those.
Is this where the term ‘shell game’ came from? Hunting for one of the shell dwellers you recently purchased.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I was hoping for a quick swap of 55g aquariums, but the trim on the replacement is 3/4in thicker so I need to build a wider stand. I moved all the multies out and all the Sumbu dwarves in. Unfortunately, while the Sumbu were chilling in the temp 10g holding facility the largest of my original died. I'm not sure if it was aggression or what as he was the largest of the 9.
PXL_20210907_020852004.MP.jpgPXL_20210907_020839825.jpg

cjag

I was hoping for a quick swap of 55g aquariums, but the trim on the replacement is 3/4in thicker so I need to build a wider stand. I moved all the multies out and all the Sumbu dwarves in. Unfortunately, while the Sumbu were chilling in the temp 10g holding facility the largest of my original died. I'm not sure if it was aggression or what as he was the largest of the 9.
View attachment 10052View attachment 10053
Oh man sorry to hear that.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
...I was hoping for a quick swap of 55g aquariums, but the trim on the replacement is 3/4in thicker so I need to build a wider stand...

Sorry about that. It's really annoying how much variation there is amongst 'standard' 55 gallon tanks. The four I passed along recently varied by ~1" in height. The 40L (or '45L') tanks are even worse. :(

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Sorry about that. It's really annoying how much variation there is amongst 'standard' 55 gallon tanks. The four I passed along recently varied by ~1" in height. The 40L (or '45L') tanks are even worse. :(
No worries. I want to redo the stand anyway so that instead of angling the aquarium in behind the uprights I can slide straight in and increase the depth of the rack to be able to accommodate 75/90g aquarium in the future.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Wow, that is awful losing the biggest like that. QQ
Man, that’s a bummer… weird that the largest passed and not the smallest
I looked him over when I pulled him out and didn't see any injuries so I'm stumped. Counted 8 little dwarves today though. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I looked him over when I pulled him out and didn't see any injuries so I'm stumped. Counted 8 little dwarves today though. :D
Okay morbid question, did you measure him? I always measure them when the fish pass. Even worse I will take pics… am I the only one? lol