A sad day in the Madness house

CrimsonFog

Madness said:
honestly I have no idea. Since she's been gone, it's like he's a new person (fish).  He is so active and interacts with me the entire time I am out there.  its hard to explain he just seems relaxed. When you've had a fish that long you definitely can tell when it's different.
Sorry for your loss bro. I had the same thing happen to me last month. Male just went nuts and took out his girl. And just like you explained, male is totally a different fish. He is now super active and always following me around. He never used to do that before. Weird.

Hope you're able to find a mate soon.

Madness

Staff member
He almost lets me hand feed him now. I think that I am going to work on seeing I can interact with him inside the water, like if he will let me pet him. :affraid: 

Madness

Staff member
I mean he already gives a big kiss. LOL When I put my finger up to the glass he tries to attack it, but when I put my face up to the glass he comes up to it and just opens his mouth and puts it on the glass, he doesnt attack or pop at the glass when I do that. I guess you'd have to see it. LOL

Madness

Staff member
You will not find the so called named "Gorillas Umbee" as a WC, only as F1 and below. These Umbee were caught by Chris AKA 'UmbeeKing', at which time he spawned them and produced thousands of off spring. Chris is an avid Umbee collector and he gives all of the Umbee he catches a different sub title. They are all just Umbee, but he gives the names like Gorilas, general, to clarify to him which pair they came from, he does have blue and black Umbee. I myself am selling 2" F2 black Umbee, originating from his original WC pair.

If you want WC Rio Mag Umbee, I can order them for you. They will be 7" and will cost you $150 ea plus $30 shipping(which would be half the actual cost). Gage a friend of mine just informed me that he is bringing in 100 of these from Columbia. If you want them I would need $330 up front before I order them. Decide quickly because they are going fast. I will be ordering from him also.

As for Festae, I can get you a WC male and female not necessarily a pair. They also will run you around $100-$150 ea, they are around the 5-7" mark.

Understand that the 2 fish you are seeking are very expensive when purchased as a WC specie. I just sold a 9" male WC festae this morning for $175 and a 5" female for $70.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
you sold one of your females????? say it isn't so....... BTW, i will be coming by early next month to buy a couple of your festae fry (the bigger ones)

Madness

Staff member
No sir, i still have my main 2. If I can ever get yours and my male to get it on. :hugg: 

Madness

Staff member
Please check out this thread:

http://www.wafishbox.com/t7177p60-fs-various-types-of-cichlids-list-updated-10-28-13-puyallup-pu-meet-within-reason

Madness

Staff member
shannon traylor said:
Ok i have a question madness,o have a 175 tank how long do i wait tp add fish
Is it a new setup? Do you have another tank that is already established (been up and running for a while)? The problem with adding fish to a new tank is that you want to do it slowly. I mean only add a couple fish, and use a beneficial bacteria additive. Allow the bacteria bed in your tank and in your media to get established before you overload with fish.

To answer that question; I put fish into a new aquarium immediately. But I also use water from existing aquariums to help a bit, and I take pieces of wood from existing tanks and add to the new one. I also use media from an established tank, that way its already to go.

If you do not have this luxury, I would start off with 2 -4 cheap fish, feed them let them poo and pee for a good month before adding anything of value. Fritz sells a bacteria additive that they say allows you to add fish immediately, I suppose if you want to chance it on some not so cheap fish, that could work also.