Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
New stock from madness:
bocourti x1
synspilum x1
hogaboomorum x1
zonatus x1
red devil x2

I will not keep both red devils. Will only keep one if the aggression level is low otherwise they both will go.

Thanks again madness for the new fish in the tank!

Madness

Staff member
Anytime. :) Feel like I just got kicked in the groin. :no: Just sold my truck. :cry:
F****N L&I. :x

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Look on the bright side, selling the truck was a step in the direction of getting out of construction! Did you get what you wanted for it?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So if I were to say who were going to be trouble in the new group, it would be the larger of the two red devils who nipped at a silver dollar to eat a scale. Also a bit of a face off between the hoga and zonatus. The ones I know are going to eat me out of house and home are the bocourti and zonatus who had some baby earthworms within an hour after being put in the tank. The other fish are still settling in.

A

Anonymous

Pics D..... and great stock load by the way... I'm sure you will be very happy.

A

Anonymous

You know what I retract my pics statement... fish always look like crap the first day or two there in a new tank... so Monday... then I will start to pester you.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah the fish were stressed but still had good color for the fact they got moved around. The hoga and zon are the most bland right now. I will get some pics up when they settle in.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Look on the bright side, selling the truck was a step in the direction of getting out of construction! Did you get what you wanted for it?

He tried to low ball me, and I said no. I told him that he was already getting it for $2700 under blue book price. I said that I didnt have to sell it, so I wasnt settling for less than what I asked. So he agreed. FINALLY. Im sure I could have gotten even more for it, but its either the truck, or my tanks. :(

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Dont forget to cancel the insurance on it, might get some money back! :D

So the fish are settling in nicely, the bocourti, synspilum, zonatus get along just fine. No one seems to have an issue with anyone in that group. The three amphilophus are the trouble makers the larger red devil does not like the bocourti and zonatus, and the hoga and zonatus do not like each other.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Hey madness smack those boys of yours around for scaring the red devils and hogas. They freak out so easily and get everyone else in a panic, the poor zonatus went along with them and bashed his head. They seem like they are getting used to me and dont freak out every time I walk by the tank.

Everyone looks like they started eating frozen brine shrimp. The new fish in the tank seemed to have relaxed the silver dollars and they are also eating. :cheers:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Just when I thought everything was looking up... I lost my littlest silver dollar. He had been acting kind of weird and I kind of saw it coming.

Out of the new group of fish I have to say my favorites are starting to be the synspilum, the larger red devil and hoga. These guys are starting to be very interactive. The bocourti swims along the back wall looking at its reflection, the zonatus hides alot, and the small red devil is just at the bottom of the pecking order. The only real aggression I see is being shown by the larger red devil.

Glad to finally have some fish in the big tank. Just trying to break them of the freaking out when I approach the tank. I have been doing multiple tiny feedings so that they get used to me approaching the tank and that they see me as the food provider. Seems to be working.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell the red devil will be a fun fish, getting to be very outgoing. Just hope the aggression level is low enough so that I can keep him.

fishman09

if the devils anything like mine itll be an awesome fish. ive never seen him chase nor get chased by any fish and super personable same with the hoga

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My devil does not like the zonatus and has put the smack down on him in front of me. I can tell the hoga is going to be the more easy going of them.