A blank canvus.....

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
The Xtreme?

I wish I would have got the bigger 3mm stuff but thats what the company recommended to me and I listened. :suspect:

But on a happy note Omega One was on sale at Petco so I stocked up and have food for a while now.

Glad the small pellets worked out for your fish! :D
What kinda sale? Enough savings for me to use gas and drive a few miles?

Oh, and VW, tank looks great but where is the bad boy thats suppose to be in time out?

Betty

Staff member
That 29 is looking great. I like the lighting and the aquascaping. I think the fish will love it in there.

And thanks for that picture of the back. It looks like you've got plenty of access there. It's really nice looking from the front when it's framed in like that and you don't see the equipment perched on top and hanging off the back. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Betty, I'm happy with it too. You know still the most expensive thing for this in wall setup the way it is is the molding. I got the tank for free, the filter for 20$ the rocks were 6.50. And the substrated was 24. The moulding was 56$ when I set it up. It was 25$ a stick and I needed one stick and 13". So had to buy two. Its very detailed moulding. Anyway, thanks for the kind words, I am lovin it.

A

Anonymous

I just relized, I'm turning over the water 13 1/2 times an hour with this filter on this tank.... that's nuts!!!

A

Anonymous

K, so I think this is the stock list I'm gonna go with for now. 1 calvus, 1 pulcher, 1 julie ornatus. And some shellies. Don't know what kind yet, I'm gonna look for something as outgoing as I can, will reserch tonight.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I already orderd them as well N. Brevis "ikola" sunspot. And my final stock list is: 1x A calvus, 1x N. Pulcher, 1x J. Ornatus, 1x N. Buescheri "mbita", 1x pair N. Brevis "ikola". The pulcher and calvus are already in the tank, and the others are coming in on the group order from davesfish.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting the fish, but not till next Tuesday. I will have some new shels in the next few days, I orderd some cool ones off the web. I will post the pics when they go in.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
fish_n_vw said:
I will have some new shels in the next few days, I orderd some cool ones off the web. I will post the pics when they go in.
Ive heard about using the escargot type shells. What are you going to use?

A

Anonymous

@ DMD I have escargot shells, but those are for my multies... when I put them in the in wall tank (to see how it looked) where everything is black it looked strange, and my wife said "it clashed and drew your eyes to that spot". So I orderd some others off the internet. I will post pics when they get here. There cool, I think they should "fit in" and not be overbareingly bright against the black of everything else.

@ Betty cool wich varient do you have? I never knew there was more then one... I have been reading about them a bunch, they seem like they are going to be a good fit in the tank. The guy were ordering from said he was confident he could get me a male and female pair, and that I dident have to buy 4+.... I thought to myself "wow, this guy just turned down a chance to sell 4+ instead of 2", honesty is worth so much to me that I will be ordering from him again in the future. I'm very excited!

Betty

Staff member
I have Katabe. A few pictures here --- http://www.wafishbox.com/t1037-shell-dwellers

I have two males. I started out with a female, but she didn't make it. You can see her in the shell.
image022awe4.jpg

They are a nice little fish and they don't stray far from their shell. Mine love to dig the sand around their shells and fill others in. Wait til you see yours moving sand -- it's the coolest thing.

A

Anonymous

Very nice fish. my multies can move some sand too. Its probably mean, but I occasional level all the sand in the tank. It seems to make the furious, because they all go at the sand together. They can really displace a big amount of sand in a very small amount of time. I have 4 male multies and one ?m/f?... hope its a femal but it was the largest baby in the tank it came from, so probably another male. Although it was showing "female" behaviour. Either way I will probably pick up a few more and try to offload a few of these males. I'm really excited about the brevis, and when I order again I plan to get some occies, and probably 3 small multies. I really like the shell dwellers ther funny.

Anthraxx

if your interested in occies, i have a proven pair up for sale. need the money to deal with some supplies for that 125. just let me know. either way that tanks looks awesome!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
fish_n_vw said:
it was showing "female" behaviour.
Was it nagging the other fish? :laughhard:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :tongue:

A

Anonymous

Anthraxx said:
if your interested in occies, i have a proven pair up for sale. need the money to deal with some supplies for that 125. just let me know. either way that tanks looks awesome!!
I was thinking about it, but you said they wouldent be ok with my pulcher, and that's what I planned on keeping them with. For my 29 I orderd some brevis "ikola". Your occies are the reason I wanted some. But if they can't work with the pulchers, then its a no go. Thanks for the offer though.

A

Anonymous

WHAM WHAMNNN, WWWHHHAAAAAA BAAAM!!!!!!!! Sorry its just not a blank canvus anymore. And I'm stoked, its going together really nicely. I am really happy with the way this has come out. My shells came in and I love the look of it. The ones I orderd are a little small I think (any brevis owners please cue in). Thanks for looking at my large amount of media. Here it comes and sorry I'm a dork.

The opening of the shell box and how it was shipped. PLEASE TELL ME IF THESE SHELLS ARE TO SMALL!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5CCPOEJSQk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

K now some pics of the shells.
IMG_20111102_145905-1.jpg

Razor blade for scale.
IMG_20111102_182104.jpg

IMG_20111102_182142.jpg

IMG_20111102_182153.jpg

IMG_20111102_182201.jpg

IMG_20111102_182209.jpg

K now a video of the the tank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JraT0v7IulY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope you enjoyed, and sorry I'm such a dork but I'm stoked.

P.S. please tell me if the shells are to small. They are the same size as the ones most used for breeding brevis but have a slightly smaller opening. Thanks again for looking.

Anthraxx

i think they might be too small. great shell type however. i also think u may need some more. i love that big ole monster tho. im sure u remember i have a very similar shell in my multie setup. if anything get some turbo snail shells. they look good and are plenty big for everything to live in. that or umm whale eyes. not as pretty to look at but with a shelly tank more is better. GL to ya and i love to see that tank getting setup. btw sunspot brevis were high up on my list but kevin didnt have any when i was setting up the occie tank.. haha.