400 g stock list?

shua

gimme ideas its only 24'' wide so were talkin something that will be able to turn around open to all ideas but salt and hard water

HALP

I'd try to get 2 pairs to share the tank. Festae on one side and a parachromis type for the other. Or a Dovii pair, it just kind of sucks to be afraid to put your hand in the tank.

shua

HALP said:
I'd try to get 2 pairs to share the tank. Festae on one side and a parachromis type for the other. Or a Dovii pair, it just kind of sucks to be afraid to put your hand in the tank.
i am leaning toward chilids but my friend re-introduced the idea of sealing the top and cutting a side to make it a ray tank...

Mikey

Always have been a fan of barracuda, but not sure if any species could fit in that tank. They're awesome though! I think someone on here has one? Like TRD, or bassman ?? I agree with King though on the Bowfins!! :D

Ashley

Yeah the tank is just long and not very wide so not much can go in there other than cichlids. (unless we found a way to flip it)

shua

i have been wanting to do a native tank anyways some lmb (large mouth bass) and some bowfin

ps thats the only refrince ill give for lmb

Mikey

Maybe you guys could fill it with a bunch of rocks and do tons of african cichlids!! That'd be awesome to see! But you guys are probably leaning towards the S. American cichlids?

shua

Ashley said:
Yeah the tank is just long and not very wide so not much can go in there other than cichlids. (unless we found a way to flip it)
aawwww the perks to a gf in the hobby :(

Ashley

shua said:
Ashley said:
aawwww the perks to a gf in the hobby :(
lol why so sad? Thats what you get for making me a fish nerd. I want all the tanks stocked with things that I like :twisted: hehehe

I think we weren't wanting to do the africans because they are hard water. I know nothing about cichlids anyways. Better start researching!

Ashley

shua said:
yeah you better i like the idea of S.A cichlids or native
It's not big enough for a native! Do you know how big they get? large mouth bass and bowfins even get way too long for 2ft wide

shua

any ideas excepted,
or some kind of breeders i like the idea of free food for my turtle and other fish

Doza

If you want a smaller sized native go with Pumpkinseed sunfish... BEAUTIFUL fish and stay a relatively small fish.. I plan on getting some again soon...
l_78223e103337401caa57a5571b1237ad.jpg

They dont normally get bigger than 8inches and would love plants and say malaysian driftwood...
I know where to go as well.. Just need a pole power bait and some parasite treatment... JK.. ;) Pumpkinseed info

shua

i just did a google search and saw a eel like fish and it struck a underlying cord...... an electric tank such as a electric eel and catfish any one got any ideas on the fish????...