400 g stock list?

A

Anonymous

The only bad thing with Dovi, Umbie and other super aggressive fish is you end up with one fish or a pair and that's it.. But some people like that.

Bassman42

Then get one Awesome Male Umbie, I have seen them live with other big cichlids. If you like cichlids, You can get a bunch of cool Parachromis Types that don't get as big as the Dovii like a Jaguar, Red Tiger Motaguensis, Fedlichstalli, Losellie. All these fish are super awesome looking, they are pretty aggissivie, and can all live together. Other C/A Cichlids look cool are the Carpintis, Islatham, Lysoni, Red Devil Types ( bunch of different kinds of Amp.'s) there are so many good one it's hard to say what I even do if I had to re-stock. All these fish can live together most of them wont get over 15", perfect for a 2' wide tank!

rattle1972

i think if you stick with all males you will be fine. putting a female festae in with a bunch of big males would be like putting 10 of us guys in a room then throwing in jenna jameson... i have a feeling there would start to be some fighting!!!!!

but then what do i know

Bassman42

With enough hiding places for The Dats it could be ok, But the Umbies grow a lot faster than the Dats. I would get the Dats a lot bigger than the Umbies if I were going that route.

hbluehunter

I agree with bassman, Dats grow so slow you'd have to buy them like a year or so before other aggressive fish because they'd get out grown quickly..

protocl

My co-worker is going to give me a 7" jardini. I hope it and my sil aro will get along.
If not, want to add it to your 400G?

sandnuka

[/quote]I think we weren't wanting to do the africans because they are hard water. I know nothing about cichlids anyways. Better start researching![/quote]

Hard water is super easy to obtain, I just add epsom salt to my tank.... good for the fish digestive track, and hardens up my KH GH :) .... I know you guys like really big fish though, africans are more colorful, but are usually allot smaller.

sandnuka

yeah... for sure, plus everything I read on discus says you got to put a pair in a small tank when they form.... cause they dont breed well in a community tank..... but, I think they were talkin about 55 - 150gallons... 400gal might be a whole different story :)

shua

ish ill be setting the tank up soon i think ill stand and scratch my a55 till i get something to pop into my dome piece