400 g stock list?

shua

Doza said:
If you want a smaller sized native go with Pumpkinseed sunfish... BEAUTIFUL fish and stay a relatively small fish.. I plan on getting some again soon...
l_78223e103337401caa57a5571b1237ad.jpg

They dont normally get bigger than 8inches and would love plants and say malaysian driftwood...
I know where to go as well.. Just need a pole power bait and some parasite treatment... JK.. ;) Pumpkinseed info
but i love the fish and if i go native i must have one... are they around here @ all??????

and one of these
brook trout

hbluehunter

If it were me i'd do a bunch of Dats, grow them out for a 6 months or so and then get a Black aro.. Gotta love that no drop eye. 8)

IceBerg

Doza said:
but i love the fish and if i go native i must have one... are they around here @ all??????
Yes, pumpkinseeds are very common in Washington. Even more common than their cousin the bluegill. I recently stocked my 7 acre pond with a bunch of bluegills and pumpkinseeds. They are a really beautiful fish, and make a great forage fish for the largemouth bass. :D

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
What are the dimensions of the tank? I understand it's 24 inches wide. 8 or 10 ft long? how high? If it was me, I'd make sure I was utilizing the tank. For instance, I wouldnt keep a colony of dwarf africans in there, but maybe I would do a much larger colony of Haps. Also, with that much water, I tend to keep something that doesnt need water doctoring. So if you have 7.0, i'd shy away from africans all together.

Ashley

Cory said:
What are the dimensions of the tank? I understand it's 24 inches wide. 8 or 10 ft long? how high? If it was me, I'd make sure I was utilizing the tank. For instance, I wouldnt keep a colony of dwarf africans in there, but maybe I would do a much larger colony of Haps. Also, with that much water, I tend to keep something that doesnt need water doctoring. So if you have 7.0, i'd shy away from africans all together.
The tank is 10ft long. I forget how tall it is.

sandnuka

Well, I am a huge african fan.... so you know what I would stock in there.... just make it a tanganyikan tank... would be AWESOME! but, i know you guys like big fish, and really the only S american cichlids I am a huge fan of are the midas, and red terror. :)

shua

i love red terrors a nd green i was also thinking about a big as5 wolf fish but i feel that might be a waste of water

sandnuka

Ok.... I think the wolf cichlid is not very attractive, although being one of the most aggressive FW fish out there, pretty cool to watch..... Posted some pictures of the fish you were considering... and one of a lake tang tank... I LOVE LAKE TANGANYIKA!

wolf_c10.jpg

red_te10.jpg

lake_t10.jpg

Ashley

What are the colorful ones in the middle picture? I really like those guys. Are they african or SA? I hate the frontosas though. They are god awful lol no offence. I know you guys like em

Bassman42

Ex-Cichlasoma Festea or Red Terror, Females are usally Red with Black Bars and Males are usally Gold with Blue Spotting in the fins.

hbluehunter

Those are Festae aka Red Terror's.. The very colorful ones with all the red are the females..

LOL.. you beat me Bassman..

shua

never fontosia i really dont see the interest in them no offense thanks for the idea though

Doza

Ive never seen anywhere in Wa for pumpkinseeds... Where at eastern washington??

I know of a killer spot in oregon... get like 20 2inchers in no time..

IceBerg

Doza said:
Ive never seen anywhere in Wa for pumpkinseeds... Where at eastern washington??

I know of a killer spot in oregon... get like 20 2inchers in no time..
My neighbors lake is full of them! Pretty much all the body of waters that have a lot of vegetation should have pumpkinseeds, bluegill, crappie, or rock bass. Some more than others, of course. :D

sandnuka

Ashley said:
What are the colorful ones in the middle picture? I really like those guys. Are they african or SA? I hate the frontosas though. They are god awful lol no offence. I know you guys like em
Ok.... I know people either LOVE fronts, or HATE them..... but out of the three pictures.... you honestly think the wolf cichlid in the first pic is better lookin than the front??? seriously? I just dont see it, its sooooo hidious to me, I see why people like there personality, but ugh. lol

and yeah, the red terror, defintly my top 3 fav. SA cichlid ;)

lars - hell of an idea on the neon tetras.