20 gallon Reef tank build

Status
Not open for further replies.

icer711

well lars i stopped in to talk to eric but hes gone on vaca but that defiantly a cool looking little one he will happy when you bring him home, did you happen to see the sea horses below him u were looking for some weren't you? hey also check out the back tank they just got there shark back came in yesterday ;)

lars on

WHATTTT????? I totally missed the seahorses!! I saw the clown and was like CLOWN, cant really remember the other fish besides him lol

I went on sunday, I loved their shark! They got rid of that awesome archer fish though!

///// Gonna stop by the store after work and take a pic of the clown, gonna try and pick him up tomorrow

lars on

FINALLY PICKING UP MY BABY CLOWN TODAY, right after my petsmart interview, cant wait for either!

/// Due to my shit hole of a car and some incredible tax deductions out of my paycheck I made the responsible decision not to buy the little clown. I hate myself for it DEEPLY, and I still wish I had him right now, but when the time comes Ill get another one. :( :(

but here is a pic of him at the store

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MjEuanBn.jpg

lars on

Finally have a diatom bloom in the 20 gallon, picking up some more liverock today from lilfishie :D

And last night pesky hermit crab died : ( You will be missed by snail tipper 2000 pesky hermit crab, now you cant climb over any rocks you want in hermit crab heaven. ♥♥♥

//////// OMG pesky hermit crab isnt dead! he just molted! :D

lars on

Just got the light adjusted, lorrie gave me some BEAUTIFUL zoanthids, and the live rock is amazing, big as my head!

lars on

20 gallon still cycling and it had its diatom bloom!

//Big piece of liverock I got from lilfishie is in there, found a clam or scallop in it to!

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzEuanBn.jpg

lars on

MORE PICTURESSSS

Pretty purple zoa
saltywater1.jpg

Pretty other zoas - 3 colonies
saltywater2.jpg

My snail nomming
saltywater4.jpg

20 gallon
saltywater3.jpg

10 gallon and 20 gallon placement
saltywater5.jpg

sandnuka

Lars, you crack me up..... I love how your gonna do this.... even with a 2.5 tank... nothing goes to waste! You are such a go getter... awesome, just awesome! keep ya the good work.

lars on

2.5 wont be for a while, but im still gonna do it. Might even just do seahorses in the ten gallon.

But on another note, THE FUCKING TURBO SNAIL WENT ON A RAMPAGE WHILE I WAS GONE. Drug the purple zoa all around the tank, found it behind the tavern, and knowck all the others over or into the sand. HE quickly got his ass dropped in the 20. Larson was trying to bite me the whole time I was trying to get the coral of course. Dx

lilfishie

HAHAHA you will find that you have to glue the frags down or critters will carry them off and knock them over all the time. I found my starfish crawling across the front of the tank the other day carrying one of my acan colonies along with it. Don't know where he thought he was taking it, but I took it away from him and put it back where I had it. I use superglue gel to glue things down with.
DSC05289.jpg

lars on

lilfishie said:
HAHAHA you will find that you have to glue the frags down or critters will carry them off and knock them over all the time. I found my starfish crawling across the front of the tank the other day carrying one of my acan colonies along with it. Don't know where he thought he was taking it, but I took it away from him and put it back where I had it. I use superglue gel to glue things down with.
DSC05289.jpg
LOL thats great. Such a neat little starfish, takin his buddies for a ridee. What specific kind do you use to glue them down?

OH! And the feather dusters started poppin out this morning!

lilfishie

quote] What specific kind do you use to glue them down?
![/quote]
You want to use a generous amount. You can take the coral piece out of the water to apply the glue to it. When you put it back in the water, the glue is going to film over. When you place it on the rock where you want to glue it to, scrape it around to break the film layer and force some of the glue to stick to the rock and them press it down firmly for just a moment. It will take hold quickly. You can use a pair of cutting plyers to cut the post off the frag plug or just place the post in a hole in the rock. The zoas will multiply and cover the plug.

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

lars on

Traded the Malawi babies for some saltwater suppliments from gosu!
utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzQuanBn.jpg

I made it to gig harbor and back! I LIVEDDDDDDD, I have tasted freedom!

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzMuanBn.jpg

Mikey

lol mattress ranch? that's heading to Gorst! wow, nice job :D lol BTW, great job so far on your tank 8)

lars on

I know! I was so proud of myself. This was the way back, was like 6 miles to bremerton. Tacoma highway people are assholes, specially those treatment trucks. :/

But thank you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.