20 gallon Reef tank build

Status
Not open for further replies.

lars on

alright, so both the 10 and 2.5 were hopefully gonna go on the 29 gallons stand but noooo, 10 gallon is 24" long, 2.5 is 12" long, and the 29 stand is 31". No way was 36" will ever fit on it, unless I turn the seahorse tank. ITs the newest thing to fret over, so I will get back to doin it

the 29 gallon barely fits on the stand with barely an inch to spare, if I turn the 2.5 it would have its width of 6, so it would be on the stand, just hang the sump/refuge off the side of the stand

CrashSmAshley

The rock looks good! There is a guy who makes custom stands here and I've heard he's pretty good at it. Maybe consider getting him to make a few for your fish room?

lars on

Thank you! I like the akwardness of it. If that makes sense. But I think Ive seen his work before, but Im only planning on keeping this one stand with it, sisters goin down to one 46, and a 20 when we take stank turtle.

But If I ever get money ( LOL ), ill def look into him

Layout for now until I prolly tear it apart and start again// MS PAINT, YEA SON!
fishtankdesign.jpg

lars on

I just got home, coralife 30" in tote, THANK YOU SO MUCH LORRIE, your house, fishtanks, husband, incredibly fat cat, and hairy dog were amazing, and you are easily one of the nicest people I have EVER met.

Well I was gonna put up a pic, so I rested the light on the 20 gallon, and bad tings started going in my mind. The legs fit it. Like PERFECTLY. Seahorses are on hold now, for a little while anyways. Bettas need homes, so 2.5 is gonna host pokeman, so we can make room for charles jr the turtle.

IMG00602.jpg

IMG00603.jpg

I wished I was on your bike the whole ride to your house. Beautifull, no idea how shelbys big rump fit on there though!

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDEuanBn.jpg

lilfishie

At the risk of not staying on subject, here is a pic with shelby on the bike. She has ridden over 16,000 miles on this bike. All the way to eastern Iowa and down to Eureka California and back.
This is the same bike, I had a new paint job done on it back in 2007

You can see more pictures at http://pets.webshots.com/album/455826337oxvvGR

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

lars on

It never happened. ;) Shelbys got a big ole tongue

But on the topic, my sis is in LOVE with your big killie boy, the massive one with orange on his tail.

BOTTT, Filling up the 20 tonight and moving the 10 so the 20 gets the stand. Monday 2 biowheels will be calling the 20 gallon home, or ill make a sump out of a ten gallon, hoping to keep the 10 gallon running until the 20 is cycled then sell the ten to someone.

lilfishie

I'll take the ten when your finished with it :D Will it come with the light and the filter? Let me know what you want for it. Coral? :D I'll pay cash too.

lars on

lilfishie said:
I'll take the ten when your finished with it :D Will it come with the light and the filter? Let me know what you want for it. Coral? :D I'll pay cash too.
Yep, Ill prolly put more liverock in it to. Gonna put most of it in the 20 tonight. But It'll come with a 150Watt heater, Penguin biowheel 130B, and 18Watt lights which are crummy. Ill see if I can fix the 88watt light tonight, it be in shambles, needs new stainless steel screws, old ones rusted to the actual fixture and I ripped em out.

Coral would be amazing! :D

lilfishie

lars on said:
lilfishie said:
Yep, Ill prolly put more liverock in it to. Gonna put most of it in the 20 tonight. But It'll come with a 150Watt heater, Penguin biowheel 130B, and 18Watt lights which are crummy. Ill see if I can fix the 88watt light tonight, it be in shambles, needs new stainless steel screws, old ones rusted to the actual fixture and I ripped em out.

The 18 w is fine. Its just for raizing babies. And I have some pieces of coral picked out for you already.

lars on

lilfishie said:
lars on said:
lilfishie said:

The 18 w is fine. Its just for raizing babies. And I have some pieces of coral picked out for you already.
Oh! which babies? Killies?

which coralll? Man I could have sat there and stared at your tank for HOURSS

And If you are breakin the 65 down in a month or two could I buy some of the liverock off ya? Want to put some more in the 20, and your coraline is dark its almsot black, it beautifull

lars on

Emptied the 20 in sisters room for the stand, sellin it, put the jack baby in with the Malawis, pokemans in the 2.5, and the goby is in the 46.

Put the stand in my room, fillin it up with the python currently, then gonna add some live rock from the 10 gallon tank. Hoping the light will finally make the coraline algae BLOOM, now it will have 5 watts per gallon, in the ten its .18 watts.

lars on

Right next to the comp, koralia to fling the salt up, rocks goin in after the temp warms up, hopin I made enough room for the lights extra 6 inches of overhang.

// Gonna put some old glass bottles I found at the beach in the tank, one green glass bottle, the other a clear glass bottle says " one pint" on it

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDQuanBn.jpg

lilfishie

The rock in the 65 are some good size pieces. I should have a good size piece or two left over. They will be full of mini brittle stars.
How about some of these to start
DSC04457.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

DSC04506-1.jpg

DSC03959.jpg

lars on

Those stars were everywhere, so cool. And those are so pretty, they are PERFECT!! :D

Oh, If you got room I got an empty 20 gallon, hood and light. Prolly scrounge up a filter and heater

lars on

Walked into shark reef and was lookin around, no seahorsies, all the clowns were sold, so looked around and what did I find? An almost naked black percula clown fish with one white cheek bar. Still a baby as he was a chocolate brown, not a trace of black yet.

Had no monies though, so went to costco tryin to forget about him. Went to old navy and found out I get paid Friday. Couldnt get into costco so went back to shark reef and I couldnt bring myself to look at it again. Foudn out 5 watts is plenty for RBTAs, so getting 3 in the next 6 months hopefully! Went out to the car, about to leave, then it hit me. I needed him.

Pickin him up on monday for 35$. Now everyone can marvel at his adorableness and know e is MINEE HAHHAHAHA

Didnt have my phone, but he looks like this, about an inch long to, my crappy pic

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MTAuanBn.jpg

His stripes are correct in the new picture, not my crappy one

CLOWNCLOWNCLOWN.jpg

lars on

I will have 90,000 pictures of him up by like 6 on Monday, pickin up at 5pm

Hoping the other clowns dont pick on him, that would devistate me

Status
Not open for further replies.