17 gallon rimless journal

Knutsen1122

Looking good man! It's really starting to fill out and your plants look great!!! I can't wait to start my journal.

B

big01612

Wow. Very nice set up. Really like the tree. Very realistic feel to it. Great job.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. This photo was taken after the moss on the tree got a trim. It got really thick and bushy. These last couple weeks, and after the filter got upgraded the plants has really taken off. It's very gratifying.

Look how red that Blyxa is getting, lol.

Ali

I would offer you my firstborn child for a tree like that!

I have a fluval flora kit (9 gal rimless) I'm waiting to set up until I can get something like that as the centerpiece.

A

Anonymous

Ali said:
I would offer you my firstborn child for a tree like that!

I have a fluval flora kit (9 gal rimless) I'm waiting to set up until I can get something like that as the centerpiece.
Sorry Ali I have enough childern, but thanks for the offer. LOL :D

The tree is a neat project. Just like any other plants takes a bit of maintenance. This moss is growing super thick for me. If I don't keep it thinned out the under layers will die. Being a rarer moss that has in the past been a challenge to grow for me I am quite happy it's doing well in this tank. At some point in the future I may redo the tree with a different type of moss. A slower growing fissidens perhaps.

A

Anonymous

I could update the review on the use of glass lilly pipes. Now that the tank has balanced itself out the pipes are staying virtually clean! I'm quite impressed!!! During the green water stage diatoms grew all over the inside of the glass. I installed the fluval 206. The new water pressure blew out the diatoms and the glass has been crystal clear since.