My Bichirs!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Assuming this is the Faranah, it came over to be measured today :) shorter than I thought (and advertised).

Same tape measure used by fish stores as fishermen? lol

Been there with 'advertised' and real size not matching.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The lap and weeksii probably get along great? They are generally pretty calm as far as the big bichirs go. You have a nice mix of polys. Now just have to get them all together.

Vancouver

Koloton and faranah looking great! The group of 6 originally came at 11-12" Faranah, 13-14" Koloton.

@FishBeast when u refereed to a parasite beard earlier. Do u mean exposed raw skin at the snout? That's from transport and rubbing the mouth on the bags.

FishBeast

The lap and weeksii probably get along great? They are generally pretty calm as far as the big bichirs go. You have a nice mix of polys. Now just have to get them all together.
Built a new, stronger stand for the 210 and will be setting up soon! :)

FishBeast

Koloton and faranah looking great! The group of 6 originally came at 11-12" Faranah, 13-14" Koloton.

@FishBeast when u refereed to a parasite beard earlier. Do u mean exposed raw skin at the snout? That's from transport and rubbing the mouth on the bags.
I think you're right... Likely bits of skin from the face sticking to slime coat. I did treat with parasite guard...

FishBeast

Love those eyes! It really is cool how still the polys remain for pictures. It makes for some pretty awesome shots.
Neat how they don't spook easily (except for my ornate)... as if to assure us that their species is ancient and has been around way longer than ours!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Are you all done with bichir stocking then? Are you going to try the albino sen with the lower jaws?

So your stock is now? (If I did not miss any)
Albino sen
Ornate
Nigerian lap
Faranah Lap
Koloton
Volta endli