My Bichirs!

FishBeast

Are you all done with bichir stocking then? Are you going to try the albino sen with the lower jaws?

So your stock is now? (If I did not miss any)
Albino sen
Ornate
Nigerian lap
Faranah Lap
Koloton
Volta endli

Also Weeksii... who is small but fatter.
And that will be it for bichirs! :) They'll be in the 210 with datnoid.

The albino sen will probably live in its own tank with the eels, Jaguar cat and cichlids. I really want to try it in with the others but I'm worried about another eating episode... :(

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
This was just posted on MFK.... CB PBB from Wet Spot

1016098-6d1f566d729df1d0e7d6ff9d6a9ce020.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I would really want a WC PBB over a CB, but it may turn out pretty good still.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Also Weeksii... who is small but fatter.
And that will be it for bichirs! :) They'll be in the 210 with datnoid.

The albino sen will probably live in its own tank with the eels, Jaguar cat and cichlids. I really want to try it in with the others but I'm worried about another eating episode... :(
I forgot about the weeksii. Yep that is a well rounded stock.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah shouldn't have had too many generations of breeding yet, should still be pretty good genetics and size potential!
I dream of a PBB but I want one of the long ones that can have up to 17 finlets

FishBeast

I made bichir soup! They are in the 120 for now as I am still trying to source a sump for the 210. I put a divider on one end to keep the filters, heater, etc inaccessible to prevent any territoriality. No substrate yet as it is temporary...
IMG_4666.JPG IMG_4679.JPG IMG_4681.JPG IMG_4662.JPG IMG_4672.JPG

FishBeast

I did chance the albino sen in there (look at it peeking through the grate)... hopefully doesn't become a snack for the Koloton (now my biggest and bulkiest bichir). The Endli likes to stand off to one side... but no nipping and biting (so far). Thanks for the suggestions @DMD123 !

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
That endli has a totally wicked look on its face... like its up to no good! lol

Good mix of bichirs! Cant wait to see them settled into the 210

FishBeast

Took the divider out last night along with the sponge filters, leaving 2 HOBs and just the heater in a bare tank. They just pile on each other LOL. Zero aggression!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Took the divider out last night along with the sponge filters, leaving 2 HOBs and just the heater in a bare tank. They just pile on each other LOL. Zero aggression!

Once they are all used to each other and set up a pecking order you should be able to add a little decor as long as it is not too good of decor like a cave or something. If it is like that you will get one who will claim it and be super territorial. But something like a rock or driftwood that they can swim around and not hide in should work well.