Flying to China - protocl's mini blog. UPDATED w/pictures! 8/30

protocl

Re: Flying to China - protocl's mini blog. UPDATED w/pictures! 8/30

Jtang said:
awesome pics, they got lots of variety there.. its too bad their all in their own baggies, but whatever.

Wanna pick me up one of those tweezers? :bom:
sure...how do i give it to ya when im back in seattle?

Jtang

protocl said:
sure...how do i give it to ya when im back in seattle?
I don't know, I'm in skagit, but I'm sure we could figure it out, maybe if you could ship it???

protocl

cool koi pond at a japanese restaurant at hung hom station.
approx. 20' long, 6' wide and 6" deep.
786dc2fa.jpg

5f31fdd4.jpg

protocl

one of the cleanest GTR's ive seen, yet!
DSC_0074.jpg

pictures from a very well known, historical restaurant, ever so successful.....PIZZA HUT!

94f46d14.jpg

5bc3a1dd.jpg

6b08a09a.jpg

12368890.jpg

13d2d519.jpg

1ad57247.jpg

cabf96b8.jpg

da795124.jpg

sandnuka

WOW! it would be so much easier to keep them in a tank... instead the owner probably has to dump them out every couple days, and rebag them with fresh water.... I love it!! no need to wait to have them bag your fish when its already there on the wall! lol...... just an amazing selection too! very very very cool pictures, thanks so much for uploading!

protocl

sorry guys, but its really hard to shoot pictures when its busy and especially harder when its not. this shot is about 2 turtles, having a leaf like head shape, looking way cool!
efa5a0ab.jpg

the baddest HONDA ever built....meet the successor of the CRX...the CRZ.
3bf1b9a5.jpg

sandnuka

lol, testing out the camera, cause we got splashing water and flowers here too... lol... looks cool though. cut was expecting more chinese fish shops!

protocl

sandnuka said:
lol, testing out the camera, cause we got splashing water and flowers here too... lol... looks cool though. cut was expecting more chinese fish shops!
of course i would want to take high res. shots on the LFS's setups, but no can do. unless i want to get kicked out, ahaha.
ill try again later to take more iphone shots.

i visited again, just yesterday to other shops that was closed on the initial visit...man, very impressive display tanks and stock! hella cheap also!

protocl

a turtle had a leaf like head and looked bad ass! kinda like the mega turtle who fought godzilla.
sorry for the low level pictures.
69a33a79.jpg

not sure why these discus cost also $2000. the shop owner was a well known champion breeder though.
8cff5a05.jpg

Bassman42

The turtle with a leaf like head is called a Mata Mata Turtle they are awesome but endangered. There are many captive breeders though.

protocl

Bassman42 said:
The turtle with a leaf like head is called a Mata Mata Turtle they are awesome but endangered. There are many captive breeders though.
endangered?
Oh well, guess I ain't gonna bring it back to Seattle.

hbluehunter

I love the pics of the GTR and CRZ, man I miss being over there and see and the sweet cars.. I wish I could have brought my Skyline back.. :(. What kind if camera are you using, those are some killer pond shots..

Jtang

I just googled and wikipedia-ed Mata Mata's. Their not even on any endangered list, nor are they even listed for vulnerability or concern of being endangered. I say find out if they are and get one!

protocl

hbluehunter said:
I love the pics of the GTR and CRZ, man I miss being over there and see and the sweet cars.. I wish I could have brought my Skyline back.. :(. What kind if camera are you using, those are some killer pond shots..
I'm using a nikon d5000, nikor 70-300 lens with a tiffen polarizer that day.
Yeah, HK is one of the cities that has endless sweet rides. I've been seeing lots of different GTR's, all different custom styles.

I hope I can bring back something live. Man, ive been eyeing that alligator snapping turtle!!

Bassman42

Oh, I was told they were when I wanted to buy. This store in Evertt "Seattle Reptiles" had one for like $800 when I asked why thats what they said. Good to know that they aren't but still to pricey for me.

protocl

2 sponge filters, 1 telescopic glass cleaner with sponge and a razor.
all under $10!
96f40e87.jpg

sandnuka

those same sponge filters are $1 dollar free shipping on ebay. :) dont know about the glass cleaner.

Paintguy

I own a classic '88 crx and had high hopes to see a new 2010 si.. but they only made this low power (122hp) car and incorporated the engine in so many components that a motor swap it not realistic. That one looks pretty cool with the body kit though.

protocl

sandnuka said:
those same sponge filters are $1 dollar free shipping on ebay. :) dont know about the glass cleaner.
hmm...I saw one for bidding but another is currently going for $9.50

oh wait.
I did see one going for $1, but shipping is already $1.79.