You know your addicted when...

Chiisai

Your out of town for work for 3-4 months and you miss your tanks so much you buy another tank and stuff it in your hotel lol

MorganEA

We do the same thing but with cats.. Every time we go on vacation some stray cat or dog will adopt us for the week, now we buy kitty treats as soon as we get there.

MRTom

I'll second that request for travel tank pictures :D I can't imagine what I'd do without seeing my fish tanks all the time! Did you find someone to take care of your tanks while you're away? Or are you looking forward to coming back to do some major re-start of your tanks?

Chiisai

image13.jpg

25gal. 5 blue rams

MRTom

Oh man... definitely don't let the hotel staff come in! I thought you'd done a little 5 gal in the corner... but 25? That's some commitment! Love it :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
MRTom said:
Oh man... definitely don't let the hotel staff come in! I thought you'd done a little 5 gal in the corner... but 25? That's some commitment! Love it :)
And planted to boot!

Chiisai

MRTom said:
Wife thinks i have a problem... I denied EVERYTHING!

cichlid-gal

Present your addiction to your wife in these terms....

Research shows that at least 90% of all Americans have some form of "soft" addiction....as things go being addicted to "fishkeeping" might be better than some other things like gambling or playing video games or shopping all the time.

You have my vote. Now to corner the market...I need to make a product called the "Tote-a-ble Tank" just for people with your such addiction...LOL

dwarfpike

I've always been told it's better to be tinkering with my tanks than going to strip clubs or bars and getting in fights.  :lol!: 

CMooreCichlids

dwarfpike said:
I've always been told it's better to be tinkering with my tanks than going to strip clubs or bars and getting in fights.  :lol!: 
hahaha, whenever my wife says anything about my aquarium hobby I always retort with a comment about spending 100x more on sports cars, street bikes, and inappropriate things...

She sulks, but knows I'm not kidding.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
CMooreCichlids said:
dwarfpike said:
hahaha, whenever my wife says anything about my aquarium hobby I always retort with a comment about spending 100x more on sports cars, street bikes, and inappropriate things...

She sulks, but knows I'm not kidding.

Haha, I want to go to wetspot and my boyfriend is not interested in fish at all. He said "okay if I can go to acropolis." He figured I'd say no. My reply was "okay, drop me off at wetspot and you go to acropolis for about 2 hours and then come back and pick me up!" lol. There are definitely worse things for us to be spending out money on!!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Plus we already have the quads, street bikes, I have a sports car he has a truck he's rebuilding/repainting. He doesn't like it but figured I have to have a hobby too. So mine are fish and chickens :)