You know your a fish keeper when,

A

Anonymous

keman said:
You know you're a fish keeper when... You notice things at the grocery store that were never intended to be aquarium related, yet you know a great use for it in your tanks...

I bought a new "natural sponge" for the shower. It came packaged in a plastic mesh bag with a suction cup attached... Should work great as a bag for loose media, or over a filter intake to keep shrimp and feeders out of the filter...
All day long. My wife looks at me wierd everytime I mention using this and that's in tank , part or the filtration, or a possible future DYI project. LOL!

LancasterK26 said:
You know you're a fish keeper when... Your children state that you need help. They just shake their heads at you, while you're trying to tell them about your fantastic plans to turn the living room into a fish tank. I mean, come on! Do we really need to watch television and hang out in there? I think not!
Seems legit! You are among friends that will cosign the idea all day long :D

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
You know you're a fish keeper when you buy 10 gallons of spring water at the grocery store to do a water change on your tank cause your water sucks and the clerk says "wow someone is thirsty" and you reply "Yeup my fish definitely are" lol

KaraWolf

when your house is never quiet because there are too many filters running. And you feel weird when theyre running quieter then normal.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Its always funny when Im at Fred Meyers or Walmart buying bait worms and the cashier is trying to make small talk about 'what am I fishing for?' LOL, It always funny to see their expression when I tell them its for feeding my fish.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
My boyfriend thought I was crazy for buying $10 worth of water for the fish tank. But it's for my last remaining breeding angels. I would rather spend the $10 on water that's good for them than lose them too. :(

LancasterK26

KaraWolf said:
when your house is never quiet because there are too many filters running. And you feel weird when theyre running quieter then normal.

So totally true! I love to sit next to my tank and listen to the water run. I used to hate when the house was silent, and I insisted that the TV be on all the time to combat the silence. But now, I don't need the television anymore. It's so much more comforting and soothing to listen to the filters run!

KaraWolf

Course. It also bugs me when they're too loud cause the tank needs more water LOL
How bout when someone asks what kind of animals you have and you start listing species before trailing off and saying fish. I keep lots of fish.
LOL

dwarfpike

The worst is when your fish doesn't even have a common name and you break out the badly mispronounced latin ... you can just see their eyes glazing over.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Latin names makes me think you know your a fishkeeper when your child's first words are the Latin names of your fish!

keman

You know you're a fish keeper when you spend the entire weekend doing water changes and everything else you can think of to keep the rest of your fish alive after a catastrophic bio failure.

Chiisai

When your aquarium additive/chemicals outnumber your medicine cabinet and cleaning products combined....

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
You know you're a fish keeper when, you're a female and choose to upgrade fish equipment instead of buying clothe or shoes you really want lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
You know you're a fish keeper when, you're a female and choose to upgrade fish equipment instead of buying clothe or shoes you really want lol
Lots of fishy fashion out there... lol
1403322009_fb47425caa_z.jpg

fish_tank_platform_shoes_1.jpg

fish-tank-shoes.jpg

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
You know you're a fish keeper when: you keep a list of fish and fish stores you want or want to see in your wallet lol. Just found ONE of my fish lists lol

KaraWolf

I have a fish notebook. Lists are for my book obsession. Lol I quit keeping lists and started taking pictures of covers because it was easier....

discus_2013

For me it is when my wife divides the chores evenly, and I complain because she didn't account for my water changes.