Worth a look 600 gallon build

Madness

Staff member
Id fill it with 1000 guppies to cycle it, and then introduce all the fish I want in it.
238276.gif

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness said:
Id fill it with 1000 guppies to cycle it, and then introduce all the fish I want in it.
238276.gif
Dont forget the betta... :laughhard:

A

Anonymous

For sure there has to be a betta.... hey I just read that whole thread, I really liked what he did there. I mean at first he was all "it would be great to have like 100 africans" and then he came to his senses and sai "oh wait this is a big tank, big tanks need big fish".. so he went with new world... smart guy.

larry.beck

fish_n_vw said:
I mean at first he was all "it would be great to have like 100 africans" and then he came to his senses and sai "oh wait this is a big tank, big tanks need big fish".. so he went with new world... smart guy.
I intend to challenge that line of thinking in the coming months. 8)

Madness

Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
For sure there has to be a betta.... hey I just read that whole thread, I really liked what he did there. I mean at first he was all "it would be great to have like 100 africans" and then he came to his senses and sai "oh wait this is a big tank, big tanks need big fish".. so he went with new world... smart guy.
Id like to think that I had a hand in that decision. :roll: 8)

A

Anonymous

Larry, I believe that a very nice african tank on a large. Scale can be stunning... I just haven't seen one yet that compares to some of the big american cichlid tanks out there. So you want to challange the line of thinking? Are you setting up a big tank like that? Would love to see it. I hear you do great tanks, still haven't seen any pics yet. I really want to, I hear its impresive.

larry.beck

I'm in the planning stages for a 300g to replace my current 125 mbuna tank. I have the tank lined up, working on getting the stand, sump, substrate and rockery, etc. selected and purchased. It will be a little unusual for an mbuna tank in that it's a peninsula tank (3 sided) and nearly cube shaped with a center overflow.

I just haven't been able to get any FTS that I like. I think I'm learning on how to do single-fish photography, but none of my FTS ever look any good.

Madness

Staff member
I will say this. When I get all of the BS going on right now figured out, I do want to do a large Frontosa tank. The biggest concern would be having enough room. I already would be increasing the sizes of all tanks, and fish room, to accommodate the growth of my current stock. Not to mention, the breeding pairs that I will have once a lot of my fish mature. Also really thinking of doing several ponds, to stick fry in, in the Summer time also. Maybe throw some breeding pairs out in the ponds for the Summer. I have been doing a lot of reading and talking with people in different parts of the Country that do this. The noticeable differences in growth, color and overall health of the fish is considerably noticeable.

Anyway, definitely would like a large Frontosa tank someday. :D

larry.beck

Yep that's the one I snagged. Built locally by CFI. He's tearing it down now And I'm working on getting the tank polished, a steel stand built, and a custom freshwater sump built before I brin it across the water.

larry.beck

Madness - I look forward to seeing your setup one day. I've been following along with your build over the past year and have been unite jealous. I think the big fish are beautiful, I just don't have time/space/money to add them. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to convert a tank over at some point in my life though.