Worth a look 600 gallon build

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Wow, that is an awesome tank! Love the size of the "small river" rock, like you mentioned. Wish there were some photos with it all cleared up.

That is one of those truly inspiring tanks, that make you want to start tearing apart your house for your own monster tank build.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
JimA said:
Did you see below the tank that whole cut out area?
I have seen similar builds where they have put sumps under the house, a bit too hard core for me.

Anthraxx

jesus.. if i was him id get those monster cichlids from tang.. the 30inchers. cant remember the name but larry knows haha. that or a shark... god that thing is monstrous. also glad to see him favoring the african cichlids.. muhahaha :twisted:

larry.beck

Anthraxx said:
jesus.. if i was him id get those monster cichlids from tang.. the 30inchers. cant remember the name but larry knows haha. that or a shark... god that thing is monstrous. also glad to see him favoring the african cichlids.. muhahaha :twisted:
Imagine what that tank will look like overstocked. I love a good shark tank, but to be honest, that 3-sided display will be better for a large group of smaller fish.

I wish I could have found a place in my house for that type of setup - you know I would have done it!

JimA

larry.beck said:
Anthraxx said:
Imagine what that tank will look like overstocked. I love a good shark tank, but to be honest, that 3-sided display will be better for a large group of smaller fish.

I wish I could have found a place in my house for that type of setup - you know I would have done it!

If I were to build again I would definatly have a fish room built off the house and something really spectacular in the main living area!

WhosUrDadi

Anthraxx said:

your talking about the emperor cichlid. they actually grow 4' long max.

Madness

Staff member
For those of you that were following this guy, he has posted his tank and inhabitants on MFK. http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?447079-600-gallon-ca-cichlid-tank

We have been chatting for awhile on MFK p.m. regarding what to stock it with. I am really shocked that he has been able to get these monsters to get along. But he has done a beautiful job with the tank, and the fish look great. All the fish were ordered from Rapps and Gage. Both of them treated him well. He has some real beauties. :)

fishman09

i really love this tank. he does seem a bit super stocked but if its working awesome :D really like all the nice amphs and the monster argentea. must have cost quite a bit to get all the large beauties

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Glad he didnt waste that tank on Africans... :lmfao:

Calm down guys just a joke! :joker:

I guess the magic number of gallons to get fish to get along is 600. Be right back, need to tell the wife...

Madness

Staff member
did a quick dollar amount in my head of the fish list he sent me. Id say almost $1500 including shipping. This is it:

vieja tank

I just ordered the following, nervous but excited lol:

<blockquote class="postcontent restore ">pearsi 6-7
carpintis vontehillo 5"
lyonsi 5"
Bifascitus 5"
Zonatus 4"
Jag 3.5-4"
Cuban 4-5"
Amarillo 4"
chancho 10”
sagittae 8-9”
trimaculatus 4”
xiloaensis 6”
red Isletas 6.5”
friedrichsthalli 6”
synspilus 8”
Argentea pair 10-12” pair
Blackbelt 5”
Labiatus 9”
Boccourti 3"'

they are all going in at once in the 600, i just got some big rocks
today. they are all males except the female argentea in the pair. my
fishless cycle is almost finished actually it is finished just need to
do a big water change. what do you think? is that too much for a 600?
i know i will have to weed this list down to 15 or so someday. are you
interested in taking any fish that do not work out for your breeding program? i would give them to a good home to someone who will take care of them, just planning ahead.

feedback? thanks for all your advice bro.

Damn, this is a lot of fish at one time. I bet it was like Christmas opening up all the packages. :)

</blockquote>