Where have they gone?

Spyral

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the site has died down a bit and it's just the same few people posting.

What happened? I know a bunch of people are missing.

it might be cause everyone socializes with the people they now and dont go the extra to read the new peoples threads or try to post new stuff everyday to bring the fun ... same ol stuff all the time . i post stuff all the time , tanks , pictures , whatever .. im new here and sometimes i feel unwelcome , actually most of the time ..so people bail and go to other fishboxes to enjoy the hobbie not get bashed or talk down too

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Yeah I have seen some posts that are kind of rude. Acting like people are dumb. I get everyone has their own opinion, but that doesn't always mean it needs to be spoken (or typed.)

stierwalt3

Yeah this site was hopping when I first singed up!? I think part of it is the fact that Sand sold most of his tanks! It's all your fault sand! :D

icer711

stierwalt3 said:
Yeah this site was hopping when I first singed up!? I think part of it is the fact that Sand sold most of his tanks! It's all your fault sand! :D
its just going to take more dedication on other members :ibox: :ibox: ;) ;) we can get this place hopping again.. tell your friends and your friends friends

Spyral

Everyone has their own personality ticks. Sometimes they don't mesh. God knows I don't mesh with everyone..lol. Just noticed lately, it seems to be just a handful of posters and some of the old regulars have gone by the wayside.

sandnuka

Well ive been on here since day one... well nearly day one, and seen allot of people come and go..... And with most forums the summer usually gets really busy.... people taking vacations, have lots of extra time, its daylight until 10pm.... now good ol' fall is here its night at 5pm, and everyone is either at work, or school.....

I know I havent been as active cause of my personal life at the moment... plus, I dont have as much to talk about considering I downsized from 7 tanks to now 2, and one is bare.. lol.... im sure people would get sick of me blabbin about my tropheus problems. lol

As for bashing members posts... I hate it.... and I try to tell people in PM if they are making people uncomfortable... but I cant catch everything... and on a pretty rare occassion I can kinda make a crude remark, So I shouldnt be throwing stones. Please let me know if there is someone you feel has "bashed" your post, and i will try to resolve it with everyone happy. :)

Paintguy

I'm just trying to get a decent picture of my uncooperative fish for November.

It has lightened up a bit in here, but we have also built up a data base of answers. All this saltwater talk and seeing Spyrals awesome little tank has me thinking about the dark side now.

Mikey

I think there are a lot of people that come onto the site to look around and get some info.

But yeah I agree it's slowed down. I think it's the time of year though. After this weekend I'll send some emails and get our name out there more...And I haven't updated the facebook page either which can attract more people!

Don't worry guys we'll get this place hoppin again....And spy, at least it's not like PNWriders where everyone fights online in the winter because no one rides....haha :lol:

Spyral

Mikey said:
And spy, at least it's not like PNWriders where everyone fights online in the winter because no one rides....haha :lol:
See, that's why I avoid posting on PNWRiders. I'll go on there to see where Travis is having a maintenance meet and maybe ride out to a bike night or two, but I NEVER post up on that board..lol

momsfishn

Just wanted you guys all to know that I thoroughly enjoy all your posts and post myself sometimes. I have almost always found them to be courteous and helpful. The rest I ignore. Maybe we shouldn't be so thin skinned. :cry: LUVU ALL ;)