what is your most important piece of Equipment

hbluehunter

Yep, that year when my power was out for like 3 or 4 days.. I lost "4" arowana's, peacock bass, and several other fish.. It was a very bad week for me.. :(

unconv-reefer

That's tough, that year for me, I only had one generator, so the fish were fine, the fridge good, TV worked, the kids froze if they left the living room. They know the fish come before them :p

Paintguy

Power going out is my fear. I have a generator, but my tanks are in 3 locations & my wife says the furnace & fridge get priority. I can pull the battery from my car and use an inverter on the tank heater for a short period of time though, but have to be here to hook it all up. Even thought about a candle under the tank in the cabinet to keep it warm.

Wolf-Keeper1

Never really thought about issues like this. This is where a bowfin tank would come in handy they would love that coldwater lol.

lilfishie

Yeah, I had the gardian generator installed two years ago this month. Been a life saver for my reef and fish a few times. It kicks the entire house on 20 seconds after the power goes out.
Other than that the entire filtration system is the most important equipment. And equipment that creates flow in the DT. My return pump was out for a couple days and my DT did without circulation to & from the sump for all that time. The power heads in the DT creating flow kept the "in tank" filtration going on its own. No ill effects on fish or coral.

Billiethekid

i dont have a generator sadly... but i do have a Emergency Power pack tht is also a surge bar(BOX) so atleast i cna keep heaters goin with extension cords...

yes the generator is very important.. i have my gen hooked up to my house with a genset emergency box .. power out -box kicks generator on within 60 seconds and the whole house is powered .. there sweet ... and if you know anything you can do it yourself . a 6500k gen and the box all bought at the agro store .. costs about $700