What did you do with your tank(s) today?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
If only...
No I have to deposit my roommates portion of rent/bills into my bank account, pick up meds for the month. Get money order free from bank to pay rent(owner still picks them up himself, but said this month is hiring a management company to do this with online pay etc).
At least your not signing over checks to Wet Spot... ;)

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Four days post-release, I moved my recently-brooding Ophthalmotilapia nasuta Kipili Gold female back into the main colony. She is looking great, especially after producing a large-ish (11) batch of very robust fry, but I will need to keep an eye on the alpha-male over the next few days, as he has been feeling very frisky. It is Spring, but how can they tell? In any event, I'm going to put off any water changes on this tank until I'm sure things have settled down. Very happy to have another batch of these F1 fry. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Last night after work I cleaned the trimac 90g and one Aquaclear 110. This morning got the RTM 90 cleaned and one Aquaclear 110 cleaned. Along with this cleaned the 30g, 46g and both 65B. Everything in the garage is clean!

Jexnell

Today is Caspers water change day. I moved his rocks around a bit. 161755960900310104224637755284.jpg
Casper had made up his own new game, popping the heater off the glass and swimming around it....didn't want him to burn himself so now he can't get to it due to rock moved into the way.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Today is Caspers water change day. I moved his rocks around a bit. View attachment 8420
Casper had made up his own new game, popping the heater off the glass and swimming around it....didn't want him to burn himself so now he can't get to it due to rock moved into the way.
It looks like you have the previous version of the Aqueon 125 ensemble, with the brown doors, although you do seem to have the LED lights. When did you get this? Mine have grey doors, like this-

IMGP6647.jpg

Jexnell

It looks like you have the previous version of the Aqueon 125 ensemble, with the brown doors, although you do seem to have the LED lights. When did you get this? Mine have grey doors, like this-

View attachment 8421
I got mine two years ago, yes it came with led lights. The window behind the tank gives a more yellow tint to the room in the early mornings. But I do agree my doors are more brown than grey.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I moved my recently-brooding Ophthalmotilapia nasuta Kipili Gold female into the main colony on Friday, and today she is well-integrated back into the group. @Betty asked previously if I'd ever had problems re-introducing brooding Ophthalmotilapia females to the colony, and I replied that so far it had not been an issue. I should add a couple of qualifiers to that statement, however. First, there are 4 females and 3 males in this colony, so the aggression gets spread around. I'd worry if there were fewer females in the group. Second, the colony is in a 6-foot 125g tank, so they have space to get out of each others' way. I've seen it claimed online that you can keep these fishes in 4-foot tanks, but I can't imagine it. That said, these are all wild-caught fishes; perhaps tank-raised specimens would be less space-demanding. I do have a group of young tank-raised O. nasuta Chimba Tiger; it will be interesting to see whether they handle any differently as adults.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Water change day in the 300. This week I want to rehome the two rtm’s and the Petsmart devil and then start to separating a couple of the trimac out. Its unreal how rough these guys are on each other!

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A stop at Aquarium Paradise for me too. Rehomed my Petsmart devil and two rtm’s. Needed to open up some tank space due to a trimac injury.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I love the remodel they are doing! Makes the fish room really pop!
Yesterday, I went to Martin Henry’s to buy crickets for my sons lizard and ended up buying two beautiful male paradise fish ( the lyre tailed guarami looking fish).

Madness

Staff member
Yesterday, I went to Martin Henry’s to buy crickets for my sons lizard and ended up buying two beautiful male paradise fish ( the lyre tailed guarami looking fish).
Anything cool that i may be interested in

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I mentioned that to them at AP. The remodel with the simple bamboo trim, the frozen food freezer, and new Betta center all look great.

I wasnt intending to drop off fish yesterday but with the one trimac that hurt itself, I kind of had to move out stock quickly. I didnt have time to offer up the fish to fishbox members first, I know Shannon had wanted the RTM's but necessity required them to get moved quickly.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing when I was in there with either store that would be good with your fish

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone ever make a DIY tank divider from the 'egg crate' ceiling tile light covers? This will be my attempted project this week. I was hoping to find these in black but looks as if the white are the standard ones you find at the hardware stores. Looks like they are around $17 for a 2' x 4' panel. I want to do both 90's with a tank divider to raise out 4 of my trimacs for a bit and then it will probably go down to two eventually.

Jexnell

Anyone ever make a DIY tank divider from the 'egg crate' ceiling tile light covers? This will be my attempted project this week. I was hoping to find these in black but looks as if the white are the standard ones you find at the hardware stores. Looks like they are around $17 for a 2' x 4' panel. I want to do both 90's with a tank divider to raise out 4 of my trimacs for a bit and then it will probably go down to two eventually.
When I made mine I made it into a T shape. At first was just the single divider with rocks to help hold up and inplace. Didn't work so well. So I zip tied another piece to it and was way more steady.
20210406_111930.jpg