Wetspot Tropical

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
MorganEA said:
DMD123 said:
Yep, the fish list you see online is cheaper that what the store has. So the price, plus shipping cost really is not bad a deal.
That sucks!! I looked again and found this on the price list "Due to many factors, online and in-store pricing may differ." so basically we can screw you over and you cant do anything about it.
I would say its more like if its $5 on line it will be $8.99 in the store. If you plan on getting a few the extra mark up can add up fast. So ordering online can come out a better deal even with shipping cost. I am looking at some fancy pleco priced in the $50 price range, Im sure I will be looking at $75 when I get there. So I may get one or just move on. Not sure yet.

SonicsDC25

I don't mind that they increase the price really after all, for cichlid buyers like me you get to pic juvies that have quality patterns and colors, such as peacocks that may already transitioning to male colors; so in the long run you're saving a lot more than buying an adult male peacock. Plus you do get a stronger bond if you get to hand pick your fish :p

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Rhino pleco now and he is very cool but not very much to look at. I was hoping to get another pleco with some color and that would get big enough not to become snook food.

SonicsDC25

If anyone has the time down there, would it be a burden for anyone to pick me up a Rubin Red peacock cichlid? Today I can't find my Ruby Red peacock in my main tank, I'm assuming he was eaten since I've turned over every rock there is. I'll gladly pay a bit extra for the trouble :(.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Was not too impressed with a lot of the CA/SA cichlid tanks. Many beat looking fish. It was a busy Saturday and packed out. I bought some driftwood and might go back tomorrow for a pleco.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Tha calico bn looked good. I loved the super reds but too much for me. I might go back for a L114

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! I just cant drop $50 on a dwarf type pleco. The L114 is $45 but gets pretty big, so it could live in my big tank. Will think about it tonight cause they also had dwarf giraffe cats.. These still get up to 8-10" so not too dwarf

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
There was a ton of debate between a dwarf giraffe cat and the pleco. I made my decision and I think it was pretty good:
Pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus "Red Fin Sternella" L 114 / Online price was $50 in store $44.95. Thats a first, cheaper in store.

The little guy is acclimating in a bucket getting a drip type acclimation.

The little guy in the 72g bowfront

I think with all those little spikes on him he should do pretty good with my fish.