we call it "Common Dream" 4,022 gallons

sandnuka

Re: we call it "Common Dream" 4,022 gallons

No the tank was 14000, lmao..... But thoughs frontosa or Gibbersa moba are freaking amazing looking!!!!! Its so cool that when you do a big water change you can go in the tank and sit with the fish.... I would love to get some snorkling gear and swim with them.... think it would be what I do itleast once a weekend!

The only thing Iwouldve done differently is make it lake specific instead of all rift lake fish.... like i wouldve done a tanganyika tank and added my favorite fish, (i will never own cause they grow to 3 foot) the empress.... then i would add frontosa, petrochromis, tropheus, and random other sand dwellers, shell dwellers, and some cyps, to swim in schools in the middle of the tank..... but thats just what I wouldve stocked the tank... otherwise, IT PERFECT :cheers:

I LOVE IT :( (tears of happiness)

Zerc

Yea, that is a really awesome setup, I think i speak for everyone here when i say, "JEALOUS!"

:plus1:

EvanDu

sandnuka said:
No the tank was 14000, lmao..... But thoughs frontosa or Gibbersa moba are freaking amazing looking!!!!! Its so cool that when you do a big water change you can go in the tank and sit with the fish.... I would love to get some snorkling gear and swim with them.... think it would be what I do itleast once a weekend!

The only thing Iwouldve done differently is make it lake specific instead of all rift lake fish.... like i wouldve done a tanganyika tank and added my favorite fish, (i will never own cause they grow to 3 foot) the empress.... then i would add frontosa, petrochromis, tropheus, and random other sand dwellers, shell dwellers, and some cyps, to swim in schools in the middle of the tank..... but thats just what I wouldve stocked the tank... otherwise, IT PERFECT :cheers:

I LOVE IT :( (tears of happiness)

haha sounds good.

and when the frontosa get in the tank for a few days, they start get wild. cause bigger tank makes them feel in the lake. and 9 of small size fish, 3'4', were missing. and found a half body of compressiceps. we thought the killer is frontosa, cause they are the biggest in the tanks.

EvanDu

WOW!!
11041122329e6dab6b8b3d45cb.jpg

Killer!!
1104112232654be19a1e6f4d0d.jpg

1104112233425f06a19e7586d7.jpg

11041122339ff7fc770840f4e6.jpg

11041122348384b2cade217d07.jpg

11041122357a5eff55e1dcd744.jpg

they need move to another tank

sandnuka

LMAO! I love how that crab was snacking on a expenisve cichlid! lol... he has expensive taste.... but instead of clippin his finger off, couldnt you just rubberband them together... how will he collect his food now. :(

aquaman95

yeah that wasnt cool dont get them if you cant handle their nasty nature :swear:

EvanDu

wow he move them to another tank, and they just keep killing fish.
and nothing can stop it!

sandnuka

the frontosa (giberosa moba) are still killing??? or the crab??? im confused

Betty

Staff member

I really enjoyed this topic until the crab. Poor thing :(

Is that a rift lake crab? Malawi or Tang?

It's a super nice tank!

sandnuka

yeah, i dont think I would ever keep a crab with fish.... They would eat everything, and nothing could stop them... except an giant empress cichlid. :) need some of thoughs in there.

EvanDu

sandnuka said:
yeah, i dont think I would ever keep a crab with fish.... They would eat everything, and nothing could stop them... except an giant empress cichlid. :) need some of thoughs in there.

yea, cause we want make it a wild home, so we tried to add some crab, but the result was not good.