Vote for August POTM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandnuka

WOW! tie for first, tie for second, tie for third!! WHO HASNT VOTED??!?! get in on this, your vote could be the deciding vote to determine whos picture we have to look at each time we log in!! get voting!

Wonder what happens if there is a tie??? Think we should do a tie breaker!!! head to head... picture to picture! that will be fun..... and to make this more exciting, winner gets both the key chain, and the mouse pad!!! woooo hoooooo!

potm_p11.jpg
potm_p10.jpg

Racersk

Wolf-Keeper1 said:
I'm not sure is this is open to posts, but what in the wrold kind of fish is in picture number 3? That thing looks brutal lol
Polypterus Birchir- Apears to be a juvenile Sengalus chompin down some Silverside goodness. :twisted: Mine love tid bits of dead fish...Love the fish, but not what I voted on. :?:

Billiethekid

Racersk said:
Wolf-Keeper1 said:
I'm not sure is this is open to posts, but what in the wrold kind of fish is in picture number 3? That thing looks brutal lol
Polypterus Birchir- Apears to be a juvenile Sengalus chompin down some Silverside goodness. :twisted: Mine love tid bits of dead fish...Love the fish, but not what I voted on. :?:
i have one identical and he loves feeder guppies tht are too stupid to swim on the tank bottom >.<

sidekicking

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

jeez you guys are funny
dude when I first saw the pic of your tattoo I started laughing
but I dint think ppl would take it seriuosly

:laughhard:

momsfishn

Is that really necessary :laughhard: . Obviousey, the judges thought it was good enough for the top 10 :scratch: Time for my nap :sleep:

Paintguy

Well... I'm not sure that the intention of the POTM was to get the contributors a detailed critique of their photo skills or particular fish chosen. If you scan the previous posts there is only positive comments or ?'s as to the breed. But live and learn. Welcome to the box.

As for the Tat... I agree with Billythekid. I think that it is a cool individual spot of ink that was well done.. but I hesitated to vote for it as it is an image of an image of a fish ;)

sandnuka

Vulgar language will not be tollerated at WFB, (Even if it was a joke). Why do I have to point out rules to senior members? READ OVER WFB RULES.

Paintguy - you are 100% correct, Critique on POTM is not allowed.

Voting is confidential, So is photo submission. Do not announce who you voted for, or what picture is yours. READ OVER POTM RULES...

sandnuka

Alright.... Evidently it wasnt clear about the confidential thing.... So, no one will be disqualified this month.... but now everyone knows that you will be disqualified for announcing who you voted for, or what picture is yours.

and everyone PLAY NICE!
icon_evil.gif

flo77

Are you kidding Sandnuka? You just removed some of the best comments I’ve read on this forum. I don’t know if you realized but the quality of the pictures in POTM contest decreased everymonth(yes, I love the picture you won the first contest). If nobody can tell their opinion about the pictures the value of this contest will be zero shortly.
Or people will think if they put a ceramic pot in their tank they can call it “planted tank” or they can use a DIY décor for African chiclids in an Iwagumi tank.
And I agree, The name of the participants should remain confidential till the contest is over.

Ashley

Yeah that is pretty lame you removed ash-raynes critique. I mean really?! Come on now some of the "rules" you guys make up here are really stupid in my opinion. You shouldn't be able to say "#.... is my picture, vote for me" But what's wrong with giving your honest opinion about the photos. She was mature and honest about it....

Paintguy

There are several "how-to" posts on how to take a better picture & I'm sure many just post to show off their favorite fish and don't care about winning. I can easily see how an open critique can be taken the wrong way... especially when the meaning in text can be misread. When the voting is over you could always send a PM to the person with suggestions.

sandnuka

In all honesty I did not delete the post because of the critiques... I deleted the post because it announced Ash-Rayne voted for. In the couple forums that I participated in the POTM contest, it was always a rule not to announce who you voted for as well as what picture was yours.

As for criticizing someones photo... I had no idea people wanted there picture picked apart.... the reason that rule is in place to protect people that dont want to be critized, obviously spyral being one of them. I personally wouldnt like anyone criticizing my photo taking ability unless I asked for it....

So, For the people that do want the photos criticized, would you like me to create a thread/topic for you to submit your photos and get critiques by members?

With all the innappropriate language being tossed around, and quoted, I figured people did not want to see it. Thats why posts were removed. Whats crazy is, Ash-rayne sent me a PM stating how offended she was about the replys she was getting, I figured she wanted them removed... but just like she said in a post I removed "If you knew me, you would no Im not sane"

sandnuka

I am just in aw right now!
icon_eek.gif
I cannot believe this! I do her a favor, she turns around and goes crazy on me for doing it??

Ash-Rayne

sandnuka said:
With all the innappropriate language being tossed around, and quoted, I figured people did not want to see it. Thats why posts were removed. Whats crazy is, Ash-rayne sent me a PM stating how offended she was about the replys she was getting, I figured she wanted them removed...
I reported the abuse. I did not ask to have my own posts removed. I know where the delete and edit buttons are. My posts did not contain any of the inappropriate language you mentioned. The other reasons for removal of my posts is pure censorship in this type of media. I could see not announcing who you voted for (which could have simply been edited out, btw) IF the contest entries were listed with the owners named. And I can understand not allowing the owners to announce which photo is theirs since that could cause biased votes (again...I was not in that category). Common sense tells you if you don't want your photo judged by others (critiquing would be classified as such), then don't enter it in a contest. Discussion forums are for discussion. And Contest entries are for judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.