Vote for August POTM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Sorry these are two days early guys, but I'm going to my cabin this weekend. These are great pics everyone!!

Vote for your favorite one!!

finray56-AugustPOTm.jpg

sandnuka-AugustPOTM.jpg

shua-AugustPOTM.jpg

Spyral-AugustPOTM.jpg

wolf-keeper1-AugustPOTM.jpg

aaronfeeney-AugustPOTM.jpg

Billiethekid-AugustPOTM.jpg

censeoflife-AugustPOTM.jpg

clogstonian-AugustPOTM.jpg

Daniil-AugustPOTM.jpg

Wolf-Keeper1

I'm not sure is this is open to posts, but what in the wrold kind of fish is in picture number 3? That thing looks brutal lol

sandnuka

Not me! I sold all my duboisi :) ..... They are absolutly stunning fish.... so yeah, that is a tropheus duboisi maswa, lake tanganyikan, looks like a mom with a mouth full too !

Yeah side, thoughs are eggs in the pic.... :) (not mine, just know how angels breed) ;)

These pictures are too awesome this month, so many great contenders!

regan24

That nine is a SWEET SWEET PICTURE. Not saying I voted for it, but holy hell, that's super rad.

I'm having a tough time deciding here. The pics keep getting better and better.

sandnuka

I have to say #5 is an amazing shot, and a absolutly gorgeous fish.... and of course #1 is my favorite fish, not fav variant, but still.... Love the photo work #2 with fish focused background blurry... and #6 with the little peek a boo guy from his home in a shell!! I really love every picture and will be very happy with any of them on the home page!

Clogstonian

looks like #3 is smokin a whole pack of sumptin'! good thing lighters don't work under water or you'd have one crazy fish on your hands.

ledieudufromage

I very much planned on entering, but was swamped with a show the last few days, then I find out it started early. Ahhh. I guess I'll save it for next month. We should have a theme. Something so we have to take new pictures rather than dig through our old ones. How about macros, fry, or unique decor.

sandnuka

well we discussed it a few times ledieudufromage and we decided it had to be fish... so decor, tanks, plants, can be submitted, but we really are lookin for fish.... The winner does get to be on the homepage, and considering we are WA FISH BOX, it should be a fish there.

If We were to make it on fry or a specific fish lets say, and no one has that specific fish, or any fry available except you, then we wouldnt have any contestants and you would win by default (which is no fun). Considering this is not a nation wide sight with 1000 members (although we are getting big)... we have to make it simple to get as many people to enter as possible.

THIS MONTH IS SOOOOO CLOSE!!! I cant believe that this is any pictures game right now... Not one picture has got that big early lead.... this is a fun one guys! GREAT JOB THIS MONTH!

Betty

Staff member
Indeed there are some very nice shots. I had a hard time deciding on a favorite.

I did send a picture in, but it isn't in the contest. Do I remember reading somewhere that only 10 can make the cut?

sandnuka

Oh yeah... sorry I didnt mention that betty.... Unfortuently the sight wont let us have more than ten things in a poll?? Dont know why, its very frustrating because we wont everyone to get a shot at it.

Normally Mikey and I will pick who we think is the top ten pictures based on several different factors... (sometimes if you dont make it one month, we try to make sure you get in the following month).... This month I was entering a pic to try and be a contestant, So therefore mikey was the one that decided on the top ten, cause it wouldnt be fair if i was involved. :)

Mikey

Betty I just looked through my email. You're picture was a link and for some reason I could not see it...

I will submit it next month, just send it as an attachment. Sorry about that, gorgeous fish :)

Betty

Staff member
It's not a problem, the competition was too fierce this month anyway! :shock:

sandnuka

I cant believe we have only 2 votes lead for first place, a two way tie for second, and a three way tie for third! THIS IS INSANE! We need more people to vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.