Updated Photos of some of the favorites (02-23-2012)

Madness

Staff member
Took a few more tonight. Man I really love the Vieja/Paratheraps species.

Enjoy :D

P1080834.jpg

P1080824.jpg

P1080821.jpg

P1080811.jpg

P1080807.jpg

P1080800.jpg

P1080793.jpg

P1080786.jpg

P1080781.jpg

P1080748.jpg

P1080771.jpg

P1080766.jpg

P1080765.jpg

P1080762.jpg

P1080745.jpg

Madness

Staff member
NO, that is another one of my odd friendships. The little one is one of my female Hartwigi or Fenestratus Piebold. Having a hard time differentiating between the two. That tank is allllllllll messed up, and they are all confused. :suspect:

Ya that Trimac is growing fast.. Had to get him out of the grow-out tank. Thanks. :)

fishman09

well they all look so alike they probably cant tell the difference :scratch: im gonna have to get some pics of my largest zo from your pair that is turning out super nice. im slowly getting hooked on parartheraps too :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The red/blue fen is starting to color up nice, the yellow eyes are a trip.

The entire group is looking good.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I know my Oscar is lame by cichlid standards but it works with my mix and has the personality and temperament I want. Im just looking for the last puzzle piece.

Zerc

I think if you get a good tempered pearsei it will fit well.

what about a bichir?

they are pretty laid back, as long as you don't have an overflow...

Madness

Staff member
What about both? Polys stay on the bottom, they dont get in the way. Perfect, a Poly and a Pearsi

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The Pearsei is on my wish list still.

OK Im just going to say it.... Polys and all bichirs just kind of creep me out. I thought about getting one but they really do creep me out. It would be like a person afraid of spiders getting a tarantula. Well almost, Im not deathly afraid of them.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Look how cute:

Its fuzzy so you can pet it... :suspect:

Madness

Staff member
Betty said:
These are really cool looking. I like their shape. What are they?
P1080824.jpg
Those 2 are my adorable pair of Lucius Pikes. They are in my 300 with the big boys and girls. They didnt come out much because I also had a very large and mean Strigata Pike, that trys to eat them every time they came out of their cave. Well the big Pike was sold, so they are happy and out swimming. :cheers:

They stay small for a Pike. They max out at 8". My male is about 6" and the female 5". They are my favorite Pikes. They are so cool to watch them interact with each other.