Update: 3/3 Pleco bow chicka wow wow (Pic Heavy)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Re: Pleco bow chicka wow wow

UPDATE: 5 weeks old and moved into a 20 gallon tank. I was able to accurately count them. 84 total, 21 are albino and 63 are browns.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Re: Update: 2/20 Pleco bow chicka wow wow (Pic Heavy)

lol yeah and in another post I just did I came home to another batch of eggs today at lunch!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

84 hungry mouths to feed, lol. They are looking good! Got plans for them yet? Sell, trade keep a few?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

All will be sold. I have 6 adults that are just coming into breeding age so I won't need anything new for a while. My plans are to save the money from BN fry and put towards getting a breeding trio of L046 to breed!!! I'm excited. I've started researching Rio Xingu biotype set up to make it as correct as possible.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

That is awesome! The L046 are a high dollar fish that are in high demand. Cool plan!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

I figure any money I get from the fry is "free" money to play with for fish stuff. If I sold this batch at the going rate right now I will get about 3-5 a piece for standard fins and 4-6 a piece for long fins. So if I went at the lowest price its about $250

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Figured I would share the pics of the male on both posts since he's the dad of both batches. Just didn't want to retype it all so here it is.

Look a those bristles. He's just a year old! He's going to have a face full!

Took this one to get the contrast of the light rocks behind him to show the forks on his bristles

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
My bn male is way more brown and he doesn't have the sailfin likes yours! I'm super jealous ....... Maybe you mentioned it before, but is he a specific breed ( or collection point) of bn Pleco? So very cool, dang......

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I'm not sure. I bought a group of 5 from a breeder on aquabid as chocolate long fin bn plecos. He recently had some for sale again. But if you're interested I will definitely have his offspring for sale. This batch has 84 and a rough count of the second batch is 61. Lol 145 fry from two batches!