unhappy cat owner

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
MorganEA said:
I use essential oils for my knees and my cats hate the smell of wintergreen I wonder if you put some on cotton balls and have them near the tank or add some to the water in a spray bottle maybe something stinky would deter him.

Oh that's a good idea! Can you PM me about essential oils :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
flamechica said:
You have a weird cat....unfazed by Duct Tape and citrus?!

Don't forget he is is unfazed by vibration collars too. However he is terrified of the wind blowing, birds flying by and uncrossing your legs... smh.... And he is part wild cat... FAIL.

flamechica

Holdmybeerwatchthis said:
flamechica said:
That may be my favorite line on the entire internet right now :p

Glad I could be of some amusement. But you have to admit, the cat is weird. LOL

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
flamechica said:

Don't forget he is is unfazed by vibration collars too. However he is terrified of the wind blowing, birds flying by and uncrossing your legs... smh.... And he is part wild cat... FAIL.

Yeah, you have a weird cat. Though I have no room to talk. My little dog, Tiki, who has little dog syndrome and likes to assert her authority with our other animals, but is scared of her own shadow and just about everything else, is the only animal we have that is not scared of thunder or fireworks....but she is scared of the gravity water fountains and our electric water fountain...she creeps up on them really slow takes a couple drinks and then backs up real quick, then creeps up again for a couple drinks and then backs up real quick. SMH!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
flamechica said:
Yeah, you have a weird cat. Though I have no room to talk. My little dog, Tiki, who has little dog syndrome and likes to assert her authority with our other animals, but is scared of her own shadow and just about everything else, is the only animal we have that is not scared of thunder or fireworks....but she is scared of the gravity water fountains and our electric water fountain...she creeps up on them really slow takes a couple drinks and then backs up real quick, then creeps up again for a couple drinks and then backs up real quick. SMH!

Oh I'm fully aware. I will never own another Bengal again in my life. He is pretty but that's about it. lol He used to be a show cat and a breeder before I got him and we say he screwed his brains out since he's so stupid with things. lol

flamechica

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Oh I'm fully aware. I will never own another Bengal again in my life. He is pretty but that's about it. lol He used to be a show cat and a breeder before I got him and we say he screwed his brains out since he's so stupid with things. lol

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Same with my little dog Tiki! She was a breeding dog at a puppy mill for the first two years of her life, until she almost died giving birth to puppies and they no longer wanted her. Poor thing! We call her our Special Ed dog. Since she spent 2 years of her life in a kennel basically, our other dog had to teach her to be a dog. She didn't know how to play or anything dog-like when we got her. So, yeah, that kind of life can definitely screw up an animal. I have first hand knowledge what you are going through with your kitty.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
My boxer was in a puppy mill for the first 5 years of her life and quit going in to heat so they got rid of her. She has scars on her legs/feet from being tied up :( She doesn't know how to play either. She is really good though compared to what she could be for what she's been through. The home that took her from the puppy mill was abusive towards her so when I got her she was pretty messed up. Skin and bones, full of worms, she looks younger now 2 years later than when I adopted her. She has such a good spirit to her.

flamechica

Wow! Good thing you got her. She was skin and bones! Glad she found a good home! I never realized how bad puppy mills actually were until we got Tiki. It's a constant challenge with Tiki, but I love her to pieces.

flamechica

Me? I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't have a Pitbull/Dachshund mix. I have a Pekingese and a Beagle/Basset mix.

Lol thats awesome ShortyKilogirl :p
i had 2 but we had to move Harley to live with her brother, she kept attacking my Moghy. i am not sure Moghy could handle another puppy right now.

Madness

Staff member
I feel your pain. I had 1 cat crash through the top, another fall in and got duck weed everywhere, and yet another that walks across the tops looking at everything from above :D