unhappy cat owner

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Well this WAS a new lid for a tank fish haven't even been put in yet. So new there isn't even a filter or substrate for it yet... needless to say I am less than thrilled with my "prized" cat.

A

Anonymous

o_O - arrg...

Can super glue fix or silicon fix? I have one that's snapped in half. Silicon is holding it real well. Even with the weight of a cat on it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That must be one fat cat....

I know you have been battling this for a while, I remember the thumb tack cardboard thing

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Yeah and I didn't put the thumbtack/cardboard on this one. I figured no fish it wouldn't entice him. Unfortunately it more shattered when it broke than gave me whole pieces. There are actually V's of glass missing rather than cracked glass. And he is only 10lbs!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Did the experience traumatize the cat? I wonder if it taught the cat a lesson and it will no longer do it...

A

Anonymous

SMH -__- .oO Tisk tisk, darn oh' puty tat anyway....

For what it's worth I am glad the cat didn't get cut.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
These were the largest pieces I could find. Look at the sliver one on my index. I had to use wet paper towels to get the shards out of the bottom of the tank. :(

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Did the experience traumatize the cat? I wonder if it taught the cat a lesson and it will no longer do it...

Is it mean of me to say I hope so? But it probably didn't. He has no common sense. He knows he gets sprayed if he goes in the kitchen but he still tries frequently every week...

MorganEA said:
What about one of those electric mats that gives them a little shock.

I'd be worried it would fallinto the tank one day. Atleast there weren't fish in it, then you'd have to worry about them getting hurt too.

MorganEA

Well in theory he would start to associate the mat with a shock and then you wouldn't have to have it plugged in. They also have battery operated ones.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
That is quite a mix! I'm glad my 17lbs cat doesn't get on the tanks! I have considered scat mats but I was as well afraid of the fish getting shocked. I did buy a vibration collar made for small cats and dogs. It had a battery operated disc you set by what you don't want the pets near and it beeps when they get close and then vibrates when they are within the designated zone. Needless to say the vibration, nor the beep had any effects on him. Just made our dane avoid the cat lol

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
That is quite a mix! I'm glad my 17lbs cat doesn't get on the tanks! I have considered scat mats but I was as well afraid of the fish getting shocked.

She is certainly a character, and you are lucky with the 17 lb cat. My luck using an electric deterrent would likley end up bad. i don't have very good luck.

MorganEA

I use essential oils for my knees and my cats hate the smell of wintergreen I wonder if you put some on cotton balls and have them near the tank or add some to the water in a spray bottle maybe something stinky would deter him.