Umbee

fatumbee1

Umbriferus red tiger motoguensis, cuban cichlids are my specialty fish.

Every thing is a scam when it comes to merchandise. A true merchant knows how to set a good resonable price. It goes along with availability of the product. When things are hard to find the price will go up. That's basic supply and demand economics. Someone out there understands the real when they see it. Im knee deep in this game since 1995. I've seen everything come by me and have never been more moved than when I seen a "12"male Umbee go by. Thats on awsome fish. Why don't i see more of them I said? The answer is very complex. Very rare in distrabution, they grow very large. There not tolerant of tank mates. I've seen females that are not very attractive. That's what make them a specialty item. either your into them or your not. Im gonna be here for awhile. Im not out to scam any of you poor souls. I want to popularise these great beasts of the aquatic industry. There worth keeping alive until adult hood cause their forever changing colors. You lames dont have to worry about this fish. He's gone. I got other fish to bop you with. Halla!

alexmuw

Your better off getting guaranteed High Quality from Rapps. I think "A place for Pets" orders from Rapps occasionally. Maybe the next time they order, ask to get some umbee.

Rapps has F1s: $10 each or 6@$8. Rapps actually catches the fish himself and imports it back to the states. Check out his site and community marketplace on MonsterFishKeepers.

Here's Rapps Umbee male that generated his F1s. It's also for sale (I bet not $1200)

umb.male1.jpg

sandnuka

a place for pets will not sell rapps fish for the same price they buy for though will they??? I know midway wouldnt... I had them put in a special order for some tropheus i know they paid 10 dollars a piece for, they charged me 20 bucks a piece.... I guess I didnt have to worry about shippin, etc.

I dont see a problem payin 20 bucks a piece at a retail shop, but a breeders price should be cheaper I guess..... But, look at a few people tryin to sell flowerhorn fry for 50 dollars each?? right?

glad someone is trying to spread popularity for the umbee back... even though it is overpriced... and i would never pay 1200 for a single fish wild caught or not.... thats just my two cents.

whats up jazz its bobby , yeah theres some haters out here ... some cool some not so ..... ill be getting a couple of the umbees from you as soon as i get the 310 all set up ... i already have 4 peacock bass that r 3 inchers ready to go in it ...call me u got the #

fatumbee1

Haiting is a way of life for some. I don't care if Jeff Rapps jumped in the river and picked them his self Some body has to be that guy! Im the second or third or fouthhand man.The product is still the same.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I should just get that umbee from you and let him grow up in the 210g...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My tank is too small, and my wife wont let me get a bigger one...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness has some great fish. That will be nice if you get his umbee. :D

Anthraxx

god this whole post made me laugh so hard.. no fish is worth 1,000$ and up.. unless your paying in "won" of course (korean currency 1k is like .86)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fatumbee1 said:
Im gonna be here for awhile. Im not out to scam any of you poor souls. I want to popularise these great beasts of the aquatic industry. There worth keeping alive until adult hood cause their forever changing colors. You lames dont have to worry about this fish. He's gone. I got other fish to bop you with. Halla!
Funny how he says "Im gonna be here for awhile" and only has like 6 posts to his name. Also what a line: "Im not out to scam any of you poor souls", that is exactly what a scammer would say!

Have to agree with Anthraxx that it was laughable.

A

Anonymous

Dumb thread.... three words OVERSIZED GREEN DEMPSEY..... I'm sorry it was going to come out adventually....... umbee are not cool, at all!!!!! They are one color, just one... at leas the common dempsey or geen terrors have a second color... maybee one day madness' umbee will change my mind. But as it sits right now umbee are boring.

Zerc

fish_n_vw said:
Dumb thread.... three words OVERSIZED GREEN DEMPSEY..... I'm sorry it was going to come out adventually....... umbee are not cool, at all!!!!! They are one color, just one... at leas the common dempsey or geen terrors have a second color... maybee one day madness' umbee will change my mind. But as it sits right now umbee are boring.
oversized = cool

fishman09

fish_n_vw said:
you need to come see my male and youll change your mind for sure :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: Way too funny! :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: