Umbee

Wolf-Keeper1

Has anyone on here had personal experience with them? I would love to learn more about them, i heard they are only rivaled by the Dovii as far as attitude and size. But it seems that the umbee have better color throughout there life? Anyway just searching the web is all.

rattle1972

i have 6 umbees in all. 1 is a female about 4-5 inches. i have had her about 6 months. she isnt very aggressive but very territorial. she has her spot and leaves everone alone if they stay out of her spot. she never goes and chases others like my bigger festae will. but if they come into her area then she will try and destroy them, lol.

the other 5 are pretty much babies. i got them 2 months ago. they were pretty cool at first. they are starting to get very aggressive. i had them in a tank with 4 managuense, and 2 atromaculatas. had to move the 4 jags because they were getting aggressive, so i went and got 5 labridens to replace them,, the umbees killed two of them right away, 3 are being tolerated for now. then i went and got 3 cuban cichlids. (witch i have always heard to be aggressive). one lasted about a hour. the other one abotu 2 hours. and the 3rd about 2 days. i have given up on putting anything else in there...

the atro's i feel are safe. when i got them, they were taking down peackock bass twice there size in the LFS. i think they can hold there own...

i have heard incredibel stories about how aggressive they are when they get to be adults. my plan is to have a nice pair alone to themselfs in a large tank, maybe with a catfish or two. the males (next to the female festae) are the most stunning cichlid i have ever seen in my opinion.

Wolf-Keeper1

Hey thanks for the info! You wouldnt happen to have any pics posted here that you could link me to, do you? I would like to see how they look. Anyway thanks again, i appreciate it.

rattle1972

mine are all so small, they have not taken on any colors except the little blue freckles. i will try and get some pics when i go back to work on friday. or if you are ever in the burien area, swing into a mark of the vampire tattoo and take a look, fish people are always welcome to come shoot the shit about fish!!!

as for now. you can always do a search for quapotemel on youtube. this guy has some rediculous big central and south american cichlids. his festae spawning video has some amazing shots of his large male umbee. be sure to listen to them, the guy has some really good things to say.

Wolf-Keeper1

Much appreciated, i will take a look now. And if i ever am up that way i will def stop by, maybe get my Island tribal ink work done around my forearm ;)

youngjazz

Im a Umbee Mess

I've been raising umbee for ten years now and have yet to find a better cichlid friend. I go By (Jazz) I live in The Bay area and come to Washington all the time. Im here now but will be gone in a month. I have beautiful male and female umbees right now in Auburn. I Keep my male alive in sanfrancisco with beef heart especially to bring out this beautiful color. Im selling fry fro 20bucks 510-715-4344

A

Anonymous

$1200 for a male Umbee? $20 for fry? I didn't know they were that expensive!

rattle1972

Spyral said:
$1200 for a male Umbee? $20 for fry? I didn't know they were that expensive!
they are not! rapps is selling them for 10 dollars or 8 if you buy 6.
and a place for pets has them i believe for 10.99

Wolf-Keeper1

Thanks for the headsup rattle1972, I just want to say, and I MEAN this. Real Always Recognizes Real. If i need to explain that, it's beyond you.

A

Anonymous

I just sold that umbee for 1200 to a guy named Trea in portland .

He knows the real Do You have one that looks like this? I have fry fro this 20"Male.

A

Anonymous

I guess we can't post pic's.

I know you guy's haven't s een the real deal yet talkin like that. if anyone wants to see a real Wild columbian Umbriferus I'll send you pics of my 21" male king. email me: fatumbee1@gmail.com.
There worth every penny.

A

Anonymous

Why don't you register on the site? No one is going to trust you or even take you serious if you aren't even willing to register on the site. You can tell me they were touched by the hand of God himself, but until you have enough faith to register on the site, I am going to look at EVERYTHING you do as suspect and straight up shady!

Clogstonian

Spyral said:
Why don't you register on the site? No one is going to trust you or even take you serious if you aren't even willing to register on the site. You can tell me they were touched by the hand of God himself, but until you have enough faith to register on the site, I am going to look at EVERYTHING you do as suspect and straight up shady!
ah, that's God Herself

Clogstonian

Spyral said:
Clogstonian said:
ah, that's God Herself
That depends on what kind of garbage was force fed to you as a kid.
now you're speaking my language, I just didn't to go overboard and too far off thread:twisted:

Long Live Christopher Hitchens . . . he just needs a political awakening

fatumbee1

Im finally on deck with this blogg.

im so pretty aren't I. I sold this umbee to a guy for 1200.00 like amonth ago. Im not looking for creditability form you all. The proof is in my product. I own four big males one big female and 40fry. Im the guy on craigslist selling fry to people who have know knowledge of this cichlid. This is the New band wagon. It's your move!

Ashley

fatumbee1 said:
im so pretty aren't I. I sold this umbee to a guy for 1200.00 like amonth ago. Im not looking for creditability form you all. The proof is in my product. I own four big males one big female and 40fry. Im the guy on craigslist selling fry to people who have know knowledge of this cichlid. This is the New band wagon. It's your move!
That is a pretty fish, the one in your avatar but i smell a SCAM! I'm not paying no $1,200 for that thing! . I'm sure you would be asking for the money upfront first right? of course! lol

A

Anonymous

Dunno man, I am not a fan of the Umbee's. I certainly wouldn't pay that for one. I have seen some nice ones from someone here in WA that make the one you had video of look kind of lacking. GuapoteMel's fish are pretty much the nices Umbee's I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuapoteMel

A

Anonymous

Males vs females

Everyone I've spoken with has know idea how to tell the umbee fry apart. They all sport the same costume so it's next to impossible unless thier kept in a species tank. The males will sport stripes and females will sport a spot. Male the female ratio is about 6:to:1.six or seven females to one male. Males are very scarce. Females seem to get bigger faster at first. Thats probably why everybody gets plain looking females.