Through the wall / My Fish Room

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Are you looking to just do Lake Tang. cichlids or maybe other types of fish like Syno cats?
Look forward to your updates of what you got from @sir_keith...

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well, I really screwed up. I have sold off 15 Silver Dollars so I would like to consolidate my large cichlids into the 260g. I moved the two chocolates and the female G brasiliensis. My male liberifer severum wasn’t having it. My male choco now has injury cataracts.:(

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Ive been dealing with those same type of injury cataracts with my red wolf. Im not sure if they will ever clear up 100%. Keep us informed how it goes, sorry to hear about the problem.

John58Ford

Have you done any charting to figure out your mineral consumption:nitrate reduction with that scrubber? Pretty nerdy I know and no biggie if you hadn't thought of it, but it's how my mind works. I've always had an itch to do a shrimp and moss refugium in a side chamber of a sump (parallel to the flow, not in series) and have wondered what it might net in reduction.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Have you done any charting to figure out your mineral consumption:nitrate reduction with that scrubber? Pretty nerdy I know and no biggie if you hadn't thought of it, but it's how my mind works. I've always had an itch to do a shrimp and moss refugium in a side chamber of a sump (parallel to the flow, not in series) and have wondered what it might net in reduction.
I haven’t. I do have a CPR sump with a skimmer chamber that I tried running as a fry box. It’s parallel to flow through. Unfortunately, it’s traps waste so I stopped using it. I need to figure out a way to put it back into use.
Edit:
Light bulb moment. I’m going to try a matten filter with jet lifter to see if I can trap the waste where it can be siphoned off. :thumbsdown

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well, I now have a choice to make with the ending of the N splendens attempt. I’m considering splitting up the 7 dwarves to see if they will spawn. But I could also use the tank for spawning Cory cats.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Well, I now have a choice to make with the ending of the N splendens attempt. I’m considering splitting up the 7 dwarves to see if they will spawn. But I could also use the tank for spawning Cory cats.
Dwarf what?