The Hybrid Argument

Doza

Clogstonian I think your on to something but if african to european would not be a hybrid than neither would a blood parrot for that matter..

Interracial in my opinion is Hybridization... 2 races that evolved From one being and now thousands of years later they are crossing again... Those thousands of years is such a long time that they are a subspecies.. So in human terms i would think that race= species..

Scientific names...
:face:
Homo sapiens Blacky
Homo sapiens Whitey
aka

Labeotropheus trewavasae
Labeotropheus fuelleborni...

Little humor i know but i hope you get my point..

Clogstonian

Doza said:
Clogstonian I think your on to something but if african to european would not be a hybrid than neither would a blood parrot for that matter..

Interracial in my opinion is Hybridization... 2 races that evolved From one being and now thousands of years later they are crossing again... Those thousands of years is such a long time that they are a subspecies.. So in human terms i would think that race= species..

Scientific names...
:face:
Homo sapiens Blacky
Homo sapiens Whitey
aka

Labeotropheus trewavasae
Labeotropheus fuelleborni...

Little humor i know but i hope you get my point..

oh dude, you are going straight that really really warm place with that kinda talk!~ :twisted:
:cat: + :pig: = :elephant:

Doza

i was saying human to human and fish species to fish...lol

:affraid:

I said nothing of beastiality or letting lassie go at it with a lion...

WHat do you guys think of those too expensive housecats you can buy.... They are just reagular house cats bread with a wild like savanna cat.. That indeed would be a hybrid..

The cat is hella fast and can jump many many MANY feet.. Not a great indoor cat but they are cool as hell..

Doza

i know in fish there was alot of hybridization in fish... WHy do you think that many different species of cichlids have the same color morphs and they are a different species of fish..?? :| Ponder that one...

The OB Morph and what not..

shua

that makes me smile i am going to buy more now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cheers:

momsfishn

Natural is Natural, and everything else is not. No matter how we square it, even a 1000 gal. or more tank is not a lake. And tank raised fish although they maybe pure (or can be), it still is not natural. So my opinion , breed what you like, be honest about what you have and always strive to keep your "fishies" healthy and happy. Soooo! I won't vote, because I think (my opinion), there is room for both.

Billiethekid

imho hybrids created by mans hand (ie TANKS) should be kept to themselves... Not Released or passed off as something they aren't... on the whole human race thing idk how to even start cause we are one Effed up race... who cares if we hybridize its not gonna change how we act... we will still have (excuse any racism) African ppl living in Canada and Indonesian ppl in Cuba its gonna happen.. now fish cant travel like we can so.. ill leave it open for u to finish... cause idk... i lost my train of thought >.<
OHHH lake Malawi... blame released hybrids.
and agreed blood parrots look rly funny >.> sry if ur a fan but damn...
btw spyral nioce Vid

sandnuka

I love this thread so much! everyone has great comments to say, and so much passion behind it.... lets keep it on fish though... no need to jump to humans.... this isnt Washington Human Box... lol...

So lets Keep thoughs arguments, points, and opinions coming guys!

Wolf-Keeper1

Haha I thought this type of debate was only on bully boards. I guess I was nieve (sp) to think that, espeacially any topic that has to do with breeding..

footbllplyr19

Hybrid's are fun, hybrids are different. It's what gives our hobby some excitement every now and than. How many people can say they have bread a platy with a guppy? That's fun when it happens. Again they should only be in a man made system. (Not released in to the wild) There are some new fish discovered every now and than, and thats exciting, but thats way far away where we can't have our hands on it. But when you can "create" (loosely using that word) Something new and different, thats fun. I personally have some weird looking guppies, i believe either my platy's or mollies got to one of the females. It is just fun and different! I personally like hybrids.