The guy who lives in bremerton posting on craigslist is driving me insane!

czeiszler

Re: The guy who lives in bremerton posting on craigslist is driving me insane!

me said:
Thank you thank you, I'm here every saturday night. 8)

On a more relevant note, as I mentioned in a very recent post, here in Japan the Tama river has many cichlids and other tropical species which have been released by irresponsible owners, giving it the nick name "The Tamazon". It's become a problem for native species of course. Anyways there is a man that owns one of the largest fish shops in Tokyo who started "The Fish Mailbox" Which is a very large tank which you can drop fish in 24/7. There is a warning that some fish may be eaten by other inhabitants, and it's always best to make an appointment to drop your fish so they can be put safely in a holding tank that is suited for them. Anyways the fish are then re-homed. I do think he sells, them but it's a very honest arrangement, and with a nice eco friendly logic. Perhaps someone in Olympia should start something like that. Mr attitude will have some competition, and it would maybe raise public awareness about releasing fish into waterways. Granted most tropical fish can't survive washington winters, but some do. In fact the fish in the Tama are thought to only survive by hanging out near power plants, and other facility's where the run off water is warmer than that of the river in the winter.

Now, if I go fishing in the Tama, and sell them on craigslist here, am I in the clear for seller morality. I mean I have to buy bait, and be patient. Basically just a fisherman selling his catch right? Not to mention helping out the native fish. Thoughts?
LOL! The fish mailbox is an awesome idea. Whats funny is that with this one particular guy he just rubs alot of ppl the wrong way. As for him selling them I think I have realized that although he annoys me and I ignore his posts and flag him for overposts I just don't care if he wants to sell them as long as he takes care of them, As for the catching and selling of fish I am pretty sure its almost the same as wild caught so therefore you are probably in the clear morally. Besides as you said you will be doing all the work bait wait and hope for a bite! :spoton: And you will be helping the native fish.

Madness

Staff member

Though I have thought about doing that, I never have. :lol: Not me, I just started flagging it.

Ashley17

lol hahaha i didnt but that would be funny to do but like madness sais im also just flagging it , i really dont even believe this person is disabled.... lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

For fun I decided to copy the ad and paste it:

RE:looking for free fish for my tank (bremerton) (DUHHHH)

Are you f****n kidding me? You cant even write proper English and you want free fish and also have someone drive them to you as well. I can think of a few things you can do in your spare time.... how about going back to school or getting a job so that maybe YOU can pick things up that your requesting FREE OF CHARGE, instead you want someone to bring them to you???? Why on earth would someone give you something living that you cant even afford the gas to come get yourself. Let me guess, your disabled right? Nothing pisses people off more than to hear that story over and over again especially when people want things that cost money to keep (like fish for instance).Good god people, what had CL come down to?? EXPLICIT! EXPLICIT! EXPLIIT!

I did edit the one word. Did anyone notice the last part? Dont know if it was intentional but he spelled EXPLICIT wrong! :laughhard:

Madness

Staff member

Spyral said:
DMD123 said:
Ok who wrote it? :laughhard:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/for/2655294305.html

Funny! :laughhard:
Whoever wrote this needs to take their own advice. The grammar is atrocious.
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Know what you mean, I had to re-read a few times to understand what was said. But at least it was all spelled correctly. Almost all. :D

Spyral

madness said:
Spyral said:
DMD123 said:
Ok who wrote it? :laughhard:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/for/2655294305.html

Funny! :laughhard:
Whoever wrote this needs to take their own advice. The grammar is atrocious.
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Know what you mean, I had to re-read a few times to understand what was said. But at least it was all spelled correctly. Almost all. :D
The author needs to learn proper sentence structure, punctuation and the difference between "your" and "you're."

Aside from what I already mentioned, they need to learn how to craft an argument.

czeiszler

Whoever wrote this CL ad makes a good point. The person is asking for free fish delivered to him for free and he is disabled. How is he supposed to buy food, water conditioner, medicine(for illness), and pay for the utilities it costs to run these tanks? It poses a good question on the forum, just how expensive is your fish hobby?

Spyral

czeiszler said:
It poses a good question on the forum, just how expensive is your fish hobby?
I really don't care about money. I tend to give a ton of stuff away and spend money like it's water..lol.

larry.beck

If this is that Bremerton guy that keeps posting, he takes stuff in one door and sells it out the other.

hbluehunter

I actually had this guy respond to my add on cl.. He told me wanted my fish and then waited until we were planning meeting up to spring it on me that he wanted me to deliver them to Bremerton for him.. He is friggin crazy if he thinks that's gonna happen. Now that I know he just buys and sells fish for profit I'm def not selling to him.

Ashley17

i would not sell to him or buy from him

alotadollars

If people want to give him fish and drive it to him for free then who really cares. if he sells them for profit does it really matter? Maybe he does it for a hobby? i have received free tanks that i have sold so that i can buy something better. no different then driving your unwanted fish to the local fish store and giving it to them so they can turn around and sell it. maybe he sells the fish for just enough to buy food and pay for water changes.

Zerc

The difference is the LFS is not spamming the internet with "bring us fish for free plz"

and I do not imagine you have too many adds up asking for free fish tanks to be delivered to your house. :suspect:

alotadollars

Don't read the posts then, I don't open his ad because i don't care.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Actually, its the bad grammar that bothers us! :laughhard:

Spyral

DMD123 said:
Actually, its the bad grammar that bothers us! :laughhard:
This man speaks the truth!

Ratlova30

Personally the whole grammar thing doesn't bother me, you never know what it was like for them growing up, and what educational tools they had available to them. I mean if it's that bothersome then it's very easy to just not open the posting.

The non stop posting does irk me though. I did stumble on a post he made wanting free oscars and pacus for his 55gal tank. I felt it was pressing to send him a email for the fishes sake letting him know(very nicely) the minimum tank size for each species of fish and his response to me was:

"yes i know all about i had oscars and pacus in 55 gallon fish tank for 3 yrs and fish love it and fish were live good and i move up a 100 gallon that i had for 2 yrs whit a 2 oscars and 1 pacus and we just lost are oscar he eat rock .i m not sure if i want a PACUS .HAS I GIVE OTHER ONE A WAY.I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE 2 OSCARS IN 55 GALLON AND THERE fish NOT suffer .I M NOT SURE WERE GOING THIS BUT I HAD A LOT OSCAR OVER THE YRS AND EVER THING WORK OUT GOOD HAVE IN 55 GALLON AND EVEN A 75 GALLON .WELL THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW ."

So to conclude I don't think he's a mean spirited person, but maybe a little resistant to grow as a fish hobbyist.