The guy who lives in bremerton posting on craigslist is driving me insane!

Ashley17

The guy who lives in bremerton posting on craigslist is driving me insane!

Ok so if you go on CL you know what im talking about his newer posts are I RESCUE South & Central American Cichlids Malawi CichlLIDS and.... i ned a heater for my fish tank

LEARN TO SPELL and he wants to rescue everything..... and stick them in a tank together.. idk it just drives me crazy everytime iam on here

czeiszler

Re: The guy who lives in bremerton posting on craigslist is driving me insane!

Hey he also resells what he gets for free pay attention to what's for sale because he uses all caps in all those ads and he is driving me insane too!
:x

Ashley17

I hate him.... and thats rude to do that.... i hope hes on here maybe i can yell at him on here jk but thats what i feel like doing :)

czeiszler

He either posts as Bremerton or East Bremerton and He always uses Caps Lock and misspells everything. He gets tanks from ppl who are getting rid of them and turns a profit can't prove its him but I can't see how there are two ppl posting in the same area with same style of writing. I almost want to email him but why start a war! LOL :violent: I have started flagging his extra posts as spam overposts because he changes them a little and posts 3 or 4 in a day...Anonymous craigslist revenge :twisted:

Ashley17

lol ihate people like that i should tell him i have alot of fish for him and that ill drive them up lol...... but not do it and waste his time but that may just be the teenager in me being mean lol :evil:

Madness

Staff member

I did respond to the add and tried to get to the real reason. He responded that he is severely handicap and it effects the way he types. So flag the add like I told him I was planning on doing every time I saw the add. I gave him advice to what to do to keep people from thinking that it was a scam from a child, and he responded with profanity. So flag it.

czeiszler

Wow nice guy! Geez gotta love CL Dirtbags! :laughhard: Anyways Ashley I am not sure it is so mature for me to be flagging him but I don't care! :ibox:

Ashley17

lol i flaged i think one person before lol it was a byb

czeiszler

Well flagging is anonymous and you can flag his ad leave come back and flag it as many times as you are willing to refresh the page lol :rofl:

TerenceH

I know this is going to rub a bunch of you the wrong way and get some panties in a bunch but why the hell does it matter? :confused:

This guy is taking unwanted fish off of peoples hands. It costs him something to keep and maintain these fish so why not sell them back to those who want them. Is this any different than taking your stuff into a thrift store? :?:

If there is a such an issue with what he is doing why not start your own posting on CL that says "I will tank your unwanted fish/tanks but will not sell them" :?:

Also are we really griping about spelling? Do you realize how many spelling and grammatical errors show up on this site? :scratch:

Why can't we live and let live? He is not harming anyone, he is getting his hustle on. :afro:

Ashley17

TerenceH said:
I know this is going to rub a bunch of you the wrong way and get some panties in a bunch but why the hell does it matter? :confused:

This guy is taking unwanted fish off of peoples hands. It costs him something to keep and maintain these fish so why not sell them back to those who want them. Is this any different than taking your stuff into a thrift store? :?:

If there is a such an issue with what he is doing why not start your own posting on CL that says "I will tank your unwanted fish/tanks but will not sell them" :?:

Also are we really griping about spelling? Do you realize how many spelling and grammatical errors show up on this site? :scratch:

Why can't we live and let live? He is not harming anyone, he is getting his hustle on. :afro:
lol no real problem it just he drives me crazy with how many posts he puts up about the same thing haha :)

Spyral

What I truly find amazing is people calling other people out for grammatical errors and spelling when I could pick apart almost every post they have made and highlight errors as well.

The point here is, if you live in a glass house, don't throw stones. No one is perfect.

See how that works? Live and let live, you are not the end all, be all of anything.

czeiszler

The only reason he irritates me is he states he will rehome for free not sell and he is not in it for a profit and that is a lie. So thats all I am saying. As for live and let live I agree but ya'll would rip someone a new one if they were doing that on this site.

Spyral

Absolutely, this is like home, so we police it.

CL is like the dirt mall, no one cares (or trusts) what goes on there, but it's a fun place to visit.

Fyurae

I don't see anything wrong with what he is doing, as long as he is taking care of the fish. If people choose to give him fish for free, that is their choice. If people choose to buy fish from him, that's their choice.

That being said, if he is making multiple posts a day for the same item that is annoying and the proper course of action would be to flag them as overposting, which it seems is being done.

JimA

The grammar in the first part of this thread is bad enough alone.

To me it's not much different than taking fish to your LFS and they don't pay you but re-sell your fish. C,mon it's Craigslist.

czeiszler

Fyurae said:
I don't see anything wrong with what he is doing, as long as he is taking care of the fish. If people choose to give him fish for free, that is their choice. If people choose to buy fish from him, that's their choice.

That being said, if he is making multiple posts a day for the same item that is annoying and the proper course of action would be to flag them as overposting, which it seems is being done.
The multiple postings are very annoying but I am one who believes always be honest even if someone else doesn't like it. If you say you will do something you should stick to that. If he can't afford a heater how can he afford the food for a bunch of fish. Fishkeeping is not a cheap hobby. I am normally a bleeding heart and will help someone in an instant but I feel like he is one of those CL flippers that get something for free or really dirt cheap and than resell it to make a profit.

me

on the next episode of Flip this fish.....

Sorry I am hung over, or maybe still a bit drunk. Couldn't resist :drunken:

czeiszler

me said:
on the next episode of Flip this fish.....

Sorry I am hung over, or maybe still a bit drunk. Couldn't resist :drunken:
:lmfao: Nice one!

me

Thank you thank you, I'm here every saturday night. 8)

On a more relevant note, as I mentioned in a very recent post, here in Japan the Tama river has many cichlids and other tropical species which have been released by irresponsible owners, giving it the nick name "The Tamazon". It's become a problem for native species of course. Anyways there is a man that owns one of the largest fish shops in Tokyo who started "The Fish Mailbox" Which is a very large tank which you can drop fish in 24/7. There is a warning that some fish may be eaten by other inhabitants, and it's always best to make an appointment to drop your fish so they can be put safely in a holding tank that is suited for them. Anyways the fish are then re-homed. I do think he sells, them but it's a very honest arrangement, and with a nice eco friendly logic. Perhaps someone in Olympia should start something like that. Mr attitude will have some competition, and it would maybe raise public awareness about releasing fish into waterways. Granted most tropical fish can't survive washington winters, but some do. In fact the fish in the Tama are thought to only survive by hanging out near power plants, and other facility's where the run off water is warmer than that of the river in the winter.

Now, if I go fishing in the Tama, and sell them on craigslist here, am I in the clear for seller morality. I mean I have to buy bait, and be patient. Basically just a fisherman selling his catch right? Not to mention helping out the native fish. Thoughts?