The goods from the last Group Buy

A

Anonymous

Well, we can help you... step one, keep your 120 step two start planning for that 300... lol sorry couldent resist.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Laugh it up, but remember it goes both ways! The first step make your 180 your small tank, step two start planning for that 500g...

A

Anonymous

You must be psycic, or perhaps I have told you of my dreams before. I want like 2 or 3 1000 gallon tanks one day. And like 8 or so in the 3 to 500 gallon range. My wife dosent know it yet. But I am slowly building up to something bigger. I'm just keeping all the smaller ones as I go. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna set up a 75, 90, or 4' 120 in place of that 45 in my cildrens room. But that will be my smallest tank. Its 120s and up from here on out. With a 300 in the plans within the next few years.... unless I come up on a great deal before then. I mean who am I to pass up something like the great deal madness got on his 300. Although I would like an 8' 300 I think its 96"x30"x24"... I think that's right... that's what I want for the dining room... as soon as the remodel is done and I save the cash, I'm getting it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
That 300 would be my ideal sized tank also!

I have always wanted a black arowanna in with cichlids. I know better than to try one of these in a 24" wide tank, a 30" would be perfect along with the 8ft length. Lets organize a group buy on tanks...

A

Anonymous

I don't think it would change shipping costs. There's a place online that does free shipping. I think the tanks are acrylic though, so pretty spendy.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
I don't think it would change shipping costs. There's a place online that does free shipping. I think the tanks are acrylic though, so pretty spendy.
It was a joke! :laughhard:

Can you imagine a tank group buy and how many heads would roll when the wives found out? Well at least your and mine.

A

Anonymous

Think about it this way, your wife can only kill you once, its all smooth sailing after that... honestly it would be worth it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Between you and madness it really will be the death of me!

A

Anonymous

"Come to the dark side, we have cookies" lol were just trying to promote the hobby. You know between the three of us, we could either keep or breed every central american cichlid..... ooooo, that would be fun. Let's do it!!!!! Madness already has like 1/2 of them. So its up to us two to make up the other half..... I'm getting more tanks!!

Madness

Staff member
I tell you what 'D' I will increase my fish room, buy a couple (like 5) more tanks. And I will let you stock one of them with all of you dream tank fish. I will maintain it, you just have to help pay for food. Then you can come hang out at my place say a couple times / week to get acquainted with your second family. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well it looks like the 120g maybe going... Seattle23 has been asking, might come out this weekend to check it out.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
"Come to the dark side, we have cookies"
:scratch: nookie or cookie the choice is obvious...

fish_n_vw said:
lol were just trying to promote the hobby. You know between the three of us, we could either keep or breed every central american cichlid..... ooooo, that would be fun. Let's do it!!!!! Madness already has like 1/2 of them. So its up to us two to make up the other half..... I'm getting more tanks!!
I will let things cool down a bit but I'm not completely saying no to some more tanks...

A

Anonymous

That's alright, fulfill your word to your wife. Then "rearange" the house in a few months. Then a few months later start talking about (this is my line, you can borrow it though) feeling so limited, and needing to express yourself through your hobby. Talk about how keeping fish and setting up a tank is so rewarding and give you a really big sense of accomplishment. That it fills a void, and brings you great pleasure. And then mention that celebrities pay thousands of dollars a year to have a fish tank in there house and pay for someone to maintain it. I have been at it for a long time I know most the angles.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
If I did want to try some other projects out I would look more at 75g , 40B, and 20L as my project tanks. These I could sneak in one at a time.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
And madness, what up with the text pictures of fish in hand? My wife thinks Ive totally lost it now...

Madness

Staff member
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
I had to share it. I really tried to acquire it. I have never seen a GOLD Argentea. I would pay whatever, (within reason) to get that fish. I couldn't help myself. :roll:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness said:
I really tried to acquire it. I have never seen a GOLD Argentea. I would pay whatever, (within reason) to get that fish.
How much did the person want for it? Was it even for sale? Or were they just showing it off?