SUGGESTION - tank setup POTM.

sandnuka

I really would love to see all the different canisters, pipes, sumps, tubes everyone is using, and how well it is decorated, but I dont know about have a POTM contest on it....

I will vote for seeing a whole tank shot, and only like 2 times a year... but I definetly dont re-arrange any of my tanks.... most of them being planted, i cant do that. That will be really cool to get ideas from for my tanks I havent set up yet....

ledieudufromage

sandnuka said:
I really would love to see all the different canisters, pipes, sumps, tubes everyone is using, and how well it is decorated, but I dont know about have a POTM contest on it....

I will vote for seeing a whole tank shot, and only like 2 times a year... but I definetly dont re-arrange any of my tanks.... most of them being planted, i cant do that. That will be really cool to get ideas from for my tanks I havent set up yet....
Do you ever add plants to your tanks? or change Decor?

sandnuka

ledieudufromage said:
Do you ever add plants to your tanks? or change Decor?
The planted tanks are already over crowded, I have to prune them, not add more stuff.... the plants kinda growing all over the logs/rocks/decor that is in the tank, those are called the "bones" of the tank, cant really rearrange them without screwing up everything....

I do on occasion re-arrange decor in my african tanks to kinda stop aggression (there still young).... but once a hiearchy is developed, I really dont have to do that either... cause everyone knows there place... and re-arranging stuff my spark some confidence in the beta male, etc, cause fights all over again.

So, answer to your question.... I do, but rarely, and it wouldnt be big enough of a change to be able to take a new picture of a contest...

Clogstonian

ledieudufromage said:
Clogstonian said:
{quote}If someone has cool plumbing I would vote for that, but if it is just off the shelf canister filters I wouldn't.

Ever think of making your own in and out tubes. I've seen some pretty cool ones. What about a cool sump/refugium?

refugium . . . had to Google that one . . . i did try to make my own surface extractor once, an unmitigated failure