SUGGESTION - tank setup POTM.

Mikey

I thought about this as well. The only problem is, people have more fish than they do tanks. So we would do a Tank POTM contest for like 3 months, until everyone has no more tanks left..

We could do it once or twice though, just not monthly.

You kinda see where I'm coming from?

protocl

Mikey said:
I thought about this as well. The only problem is, people have more fish than they do tanks. So we would do a Tank POTM contest for like 3 months, until everyone has no more tanks left..

understand.

Clogstonian

sure, do it as long as it makes sense, not necessarily a perm deal, at only 10 pic/month should last for a while then on to the next good idea O the day . . keep it fresh

Mikey

Okay well we make this tank contest big. Like have 20 entries and do it twice, like 6 months apart or something. What do you guys think?

sandnuka

In the show and tell topic we do have the show off your tank thread! great way to show off your stuff! So I am assuming allot of the entries we probably already seen in there. :)

Sounds like fun! excited to see some tanks out there.

protocl

True.
I was referrng to the whole tank setup. I.E canister filters, tubing.
So, the general tank setup.
As for the details and approach of the photo; it's up to the photographer.

sandnuka

all my stuff is super hidden.... if i take a picture of the tank, no one will be able to see any of that stuff... on one of my tanks I have a sump, there are no intakes, or tubing??? I cant picture what you tryin to do with this? show off the stuff under the tank, in the cabinets?

Ashley

Nah I would think it would be the overall tank set up. No plumping or any of that, that's not what I want to see. Like the aquascaping, the general look of the tank. A clean, nice shot of the full tank. Instead of the POTM where It isn't a full tank picture, just a shot the inhabitants.

ledieudufromage

Mikey said:

I know I change my tank every month. It is part of the fun. Plus I'm sure most of us have more than one tank. We could do 5 pics rather than 10.

If someone has cool plumbing I would vote for that, but if it is just off the shelf canister filters I wouldn't.

Clogstonian

{quote}If someone has cool plumbing I would vote for that, but if it is just off the shelf canister filters I wouldn't.[/quote]

....I'm thinking of dressing my 20lb CO2 tank and XP2 up in baby cloths, would ya vote for it then?

I'll really restraining myself here, "if someone had cool plumbing...."

Betty

Staff member
Clogstonian said:
....I'm thinking of dressing my 20lb CO2 tank and XP2 up in baby cloths, would ya vote for it then?

laughinghysterically2.gif
laughinghysterically2.gif

ledieudufromage

Clogstonian said:
{quote}If someone has cool plumbing I would vote for that, but if it is just off the shelf canister filters I wouldn't.

[/quote]

Ever think of making your own in and out tubes. I've seen some pretty cool ones. What about a cool sump/refugium?