Southern Delight foods?

MorganEA

Re: Southern Delight foods?

I was looking for some better food for my angels and rams, they are in a tank with other community fish.

Madness

Staff member

I can give you some of the tropical pellet to try out and see how you/your fish, like it.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

We feed my sons angels, ebjd, and rainbows small cichlid and the tropical..... It's good stuff but don't put too much in as it sinks super fast and my sons angels have a hard time catching it( but that doesn't mean they don't love it)

Madness

Staff member

MorganEA said:
that would be cool!
Let me know how I can get you some, maybe I can drop it off and while I am there............take a quick little video. ;)

cichlid-gal

DMD123 said:
That stuff would totally clog up the filter sponges and the fish would swim around making 'red fart clouds' of waste.
Pics..I have to have pics of this!!!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

cichlid-gal said:
DMD123 said:
That stuff would totally clog up the filter sponges and the fish would swim around making 'red fart clouds' of waste.
It really makes me laugh when people who feed NLS deny that this happens. Are we feeding the same food? I still have a little bit of NLS left that I mix in with my Omega One but when its gone Im done. Good food but way to messy for me.

Drd62

DMD123 said:
cichlid-gal said:
DMD123 said:
It really makes me laugh when people who feed NLS deny that this happens. Are we feeding the same food? I still have a little bit of NLS left that I mix in with my Omega One but when its gone Im done. Good food but way to messy for me.
Agreed!! That's why I stopped using it.

Anthraxx

honestly i prefer NLS to the other food options.. my fish seem to as well. i couldnt get them to touch a big bottle of southern delight i got from the co-op. yes the red colored waste is gross but at least its easily visible? i like it as its a great indicator of when its really time to clean a tank. if anything i have a beef with the consistency of all these pellets. my fish seem to prefer a much softer pellet (all my tangs LOVED hikari discus pellets) i also find it funny that this is literally one of the only places where i hear anything bad about NLS at all.. maybe its not good for your big fish but man my africans and i love it. to each their own, i just felt NLS' honor needed to be defended :p

star_rider

I keep mostly Angels and discus and a few dwarf SA cichlids(both species of rams) and now some apisto's.

my discus and angels don't like the NLS.. I think it's the size of the pellets, they ignore the food as it drifts down.

the rams seem to like it ok as do the apisto's(which seem to want to eat just about anything)
the angles completely ignore it... and yes I tried it all by itself but after 3-4 days I wasn't going to risk my altums

I have not had the pleasure of trying the southern delight, but have not left that option out...

Anthraxx

yeah my discus wouldnt touch anything but flake and the hikari blend discus food. its a great food that provides a lot of nice color in them. idk if southern delight has maybe a softer pellet with a high protein lvl but its worth a shot looking into it.