Some updates on my Shrimp Breeding

pbmax

Fantastic :) How many shrimp tanks do you have now? I'm adding a new 10g as soon as this weekend I think. It's all fishbox's fault ;)

I believe CRS and tigers can cross - are you going to keep them together long term?

binbin9

Yes I hope to create some tibees with them. In my head I want to cross the tiger line to all of my caradinas. =) I love the stripes and have seen some really awesome variations come out of asia and europe.

binbin9

I posted a quick Video of my shrimp shack on here if you want to see how many tanks I have up for them. =)

pbmax

binbin9 said:
Yes I hope to create some tibees with them. In my head I want to cross the tiger line to all of my caradinas. =) I love the stripes and have seen some really awesome variations come out of asia and europe.
Haha, nevermind then, you're way ahead of me! :oops:

binbin9 said:
I posted a quick Video of my shrimp shack on here if you want to see how many tanks I have up for them. =)
Yeah, but then I'd have to watch a video... ;) Your photos are great - keep those coming! :)

binbin9

LOL - total tank count is as follows. I would like to upgrade my 55 gallon to a rimless one in the future but that will have to wait a bit until I move to the new house in July.

55g
20g L
2x 15g
35g L
12g L

2.5g
3g

and still a few bettas in carious containers. =)

pbmax

Excellent. :) I try to limit myself to tanks that I can move without totally breaking down - 29g is my largest.

I keep shrimp in 8 of my 10 tanks right now. One 20 with fish doesn't have any since I moved the yellows out a couple of weeks back (I'm going to add RCS for cleanup this weekend I think) and I don't keep them in my dwarf cajun 10g - with that many crays the RCS were losing an alarming number of limbs :shock:.

pbmax

I keep my signature up to date with what I've got.

I have 4 tanks with RCS in them, 1 with yellows and blue bees, 2 with malawa, 1 with blue velvets.

I kind of want to put a different species of shrimp in my great-room 20g where I have celestial pearl danios and h. formosa, but after what they did to my yellow shrimp population (ate all the babies) I'm a little wary. So I'll probably dump a number of larger RCS in there. Shrimp are critical cleaners and far more effective than snails; I can't imagine a tank without them.

I keep the boring stuff (except for the blue velvets), you keep the exciting stuff :)

binbin9

Looks like I have baby shrimps in all of my tanks at the moment. I'm pretty thrilled about that. =)

The big CBS gave birth. Looks like who ever the dad was he was a CRS because I have babies of both colors.

The yellow NEOs have a few babies,
the red fires has a big batch that just hatched and 3 more berried females,
the golden batch there's only a couple left for whatever reason. They did not do so well
The Blue Bees I bought about a month ago has a few babies that came out of no where and are living in the taiwan tank
Jesse's Blue Velvets - There's a nicely berried female in the tank

You can see a couple of brand new babies right on the leaf.
20130207_131539_zpsae6ffc29.jpg

here's one of the crystal reds that came out of the Crystal black mom.
20130207_131620_zpse3f722d8.jpg

Fire red baby - pretty dull when they're young

20130202_163429_zps41a87096.jpg

Check out this guy, it's called a blue Dream. Kinda like a carbon rili except really blue!

20130201_223109_zps612e924c.jpg

pbmax

binbin9 said:
Looks like I have baby shrimps in all of my tanks at the moment. I'm pretty thrilled about that. =)
Congrats!! Sounds like you're doing everything right so far :) I have 2 berried yellows, 3 (I think; at least 2) berried blue bees, and 2 berried Blue Velvets, apart from my army of RCS.

Great photos too - keep them coming. 8)

binbin9

I like the army of RCS! I hear the blue bees can cross with CRS. I'd like to see that happen. They are quite a bit smaller though but very cute little guys.

pbmax

Yup, I didn't do my research on size until I received my blue bees. Woopsie ;) But yes, they're pretty shrimp. I have 2 that aren't doing so well (bodies turning white) out of the 32 I received, but so far the others are fine.

The shrimp should love the riccia.

binbin9

If you have shrimp I recommend getting some indian almond leaves. The babies love it. There's atleast 8 babies just munching away on this rotting leaf.
20130208_175648_zpsaa6291b1.jpg

pbmax

I use nettle leaves - they love those too and the bonus is they grow in my yard all spring / summer. :)

binbin9

Quick Update:

accidentally killed one of my blue dreams when I netted him. That kinda bummed me out.

20130201_223109_zps612e924c.jpg

But in other news I've got another berried Golden Bee and Tigers!!

20130208_133300_zps611570f4.jpg
20130220_202023_zpsea166dd6.jpg
20130216_142141_zps034ae6d7.jpg
20130222_075257_zps62d4ee41.jpg
20130222_075333_zpsede98678.jpg
20130222_075342_zpscc6dab4d.jpg

pbmax

Beautiful shrimp! That's too bad about the blue dream :( We all have stories like those, unfortunately.